Justin Rogers: Lions' Campbell explains why team promoted Nowaske and early plan for new WR

A rare Detroit News article not behind a paywall.

7 linebackers on the 53 man roster. You sure don’t see that very often these days

They must really like him.

2 Likes

I think this cements JRM or Pittman being gone next season.

4 Likes

Wow. Pittman’s lost his Cap.

2 Likes

So another thing worth noting. Rodreguez is playing some FB as well. So 6 LBs and 1 FB and all play ST.

3 Likes

Oh no, I’d still keep Pittman over JRM for ST. Pittman is also an RFA, so it’s probably more likely he’s the one that comes back. But I don’t think you can keep 7 LBs next season, lol.

1 Like

I bet he takes Barnes spot.

season 2 stir the pot GIF by MTV Floribama Shore

4 Likes

I think that’s exactly what it means.

Rodrigo is an athlete. LB, ST, FB.
Just list him as ATH, and call it good.

4 Likes

How Dare You GIF by moodman

3 Likes

Here’s the proof.
https://www.muskogeephoenix.com/sports/male-athlete-of-year-wagoners-malcolm-rodriguez-was-a-dandy-dog/article_e450a996-435e-11e7-861e-67f1f5d99d1c.html

Oh, and he was a dual threat QB in high school with " 115 touchdowns, 6,144 passing yards and 2,449 rushing yards."

1 Like

Rodrigo, Jack Fox and John Cominsky were all HS QBs.

All 3 throw a better deep ball than Goff. :laughing:

I posted that on Twitter and Jamo liked it. Just saying.

2 Likes

Hendon better get his shit together and bring that A game.:laughing:

2 Likes

Rodrigo is going to take Cabinda’s place I bet.

They really do an just look at his Ras he has what you need at LB size speed an he will hit you. I said when they signed him was some team trying to poach him. He played ST well at few talked about him at camp an he just kept getting better. He is signed also for next season.
Copied from Jeremy Reisman article
At 6-foot-3, 235 pounds, Nowaske is a candidate to challenge for depth at the SAM linebacker. At Saginaw Valley State, Nowaske was a strong contributor. In his last two years, he tallied a total of 182 tackles, 19.0 tackles for loss, and 5.5 sacks, not to mention five interceptions and 10 pass breakups.

2 Likes

I hate myself for the Schwartzer this guy gives me watching his highlights.
Paired with his size/speed combo, I have a weird feeling he’s going to end being more than a contributor in years to come.

1 Like

Have you seen his highlight film, he’s a beast LOL, reminds me of Jack Campbell.

@Cap FYI:

1 Like

I’d see if he can develop into an edge rusher. A hybrid piece, or something like that, to compliment Hutch. Also, if Rodrigo is taking handoffs from Goff, does that make him a/our mini-refrigerator?

the refrigerator wrestling GIF by WWE

I don’t really mind that they played him at SAM, but I’m kind of over it right now. It’s time to play him where he was intended to play when they drafted him. His off-ball instincts are too good to defeat by playing him at SAM. Maybe he can develop on the edge, but at this moment I think it’s a waste of talent.

1 Like