K. Thibodeaux

Here’s the game that Brad Holmes attended. It also gives folks a better idea of perhaps why the sacks are lacking. Aside from the bum ankle DeRuyter dropped him A LOT. Bugged the hell out of a lot of Oregon fans to be honest. I don’t remember hearing KT complain about it though.

I prefer Hutch but have come back around on Thibs. There’s no doubt he’s an elite edge rush talent and the Lions have access to Sewell and presumably his brother. They sent a barrage of people to his pro day.

If he’s the pick I’m still stoked

1 Like

I go back and forth on Hutch vs. KT. Hutch’s floor is so much higher and I do think it’s crucial not to whiff on premium picks. That being said I don’t think he’s nearly as risky as many here would have you believe and IMO he clearly has the greatest potential to be a superstar out of any edge in this class.

1 Like

Hutch just fits the culture and would sell tickets. The Lions ticket sales last year were dismal. If Hutch is there at 2OA they sprint to the podium

1 Like

Totally agree on the culture fit. Ticket sales as a deciding factor doesn’t strike me as a sound methodology for making the pick but Hutch holds up just fine relative to other options.

Mr. Peabody, thanks for this tape. Unfortunately, Thibs looked average at best. Biggest thing, I didn’t see a quick first step at the snap of the football. Almost like he was tentative. Not impressed at all. I still think going defense is key, but now not hutch or thibs, but the two UGA monsters. The EDGE and DL killers.

2 Likes

If you’re GM and coach, no. If you’re ownership, yes :yum:

1 Like

You cannot be serious, right OaklandLion? If there is anything Thibs shouldn’t be criticize for is his first step. The guy is one of the quickest there is. Not having a counter move or getting rid of blocks, maybe, but come on dude…

I clearly have no professional experience grading out college ballers. I just didn’t see him snap off the line. That’s just how it seemed to me.

1 Like

When I watch highlights Thibs looks like he shoots out of a cannon. It’s his biggest asset

1 Like

That Washington game posted isn’t a highlight film, it’s another game film of a game that it looks like Thibs doesn’t want to have to wash his jersey after.

2 Likes

Yep. I heard Geoff Schwartz talking about it on the radio and he said that as an OT that’s the trait you fear the most. You’re thinking to yourself, “i have to get out fast, I have to get out fast.” Then all the sudden you kick out too far and he beats you inside. Then you over-compensate with your pass set and he takes the corner. And now he’s totally in your head.

Geoff still has Hutch ahead of KT though simply bc his hands are so much more refined.

1 Like

I watched one of the best speed pass rushers for years, Dwight Freeney, when I was living in Indiana and I was a huge Peyton fan. And KT doesn’t even remotely come close to him in any way. So overhyped. I remain hopeful he goes elsewhere.

2 Likes

Who comes close to Dwight Freeney? Especially that spin move. Nobody ever did that better.

2 Likes

I feel like he has elite talent but very subpar effort way too often. If he doesn’t feel like he can make a sack, or reads the play is going the other direction, he quits his pursuit.

Much prefer Hutch, if I can’t have Willis.

Dwight was a pleasure to watch. Got double teamed by most teams and still put up huge stats. A few teams went 1 on 1 with him. Orlando Pace owned him. I have the utmost respect for Orlando Pace. Baltimore always tried with Ogden and Freeney just destroyed Ogden over and over again until they would finally give him help, and then they would try again the next game. It was hilarious.

We’re do you see this ? This just isn’t true. Most everyone I read says when they go back and watch the tape there is no problem with effort. People didn’t like how a 21 year old kid answered some Questions so there turned it into a effort thing that’s just doesn’t exist on tape.

After watching several interviews, and just watching the live interview on Total Access, he really believes he is a legend in his own mind.

I mean listen, we all know he is a good football player. I get that. I don’t think his demeanor yells confidence, Kinda reminds me of someone in a interview that can’t explain his knowledge what makes him good at what he does, instead uses conceit/cockiness expecting one to know how good he is, rather him explaining it.

1 Like

Well Freeney is probably going to the Hall of Fame so it’s a little unfair to make that the pick-worthy standard

There are plenty of videos of him playing, my man. Watch something that isn’t a hi light. Watched 2 of his videos today (one from in here).

We may have different ideas on what maximum effort looks like, or giving up on a play.
My truth does not have to match yours.

Sure - there is some of that, but not from me. To me, it’s his energy. Ive been ultra clear on that, but can see how I’d get lumped in with some of what others are saying.

I do not trust him to give maximum effort.

Maybe Dan and his locker room can fix that? I dunno?

I’m hoping you can agree that my idea of laziness on film and your idea of laziness on film can be different. I’m open to a different possibility existing other than the one I see.

Willis is my guy, but I’m more an snl evaluator than an NFL evaluator.