Kareem Hunt re-signs with Browns

Looks like I overbid for Ford in one of my league’s. I still think they want him to take over the job and run with it.

1 Like

Nah, you’re good. Bid high. There’s a reason they left Hunt waiting on the street. They know what they’ve got. He’s clearly a legit starting RB based on his play the other night.

1 Like

I got him. Only took about 80% of my waiver budget. But that’s my style. Wait for the one potentially great opportunity and go for it. It’s a 3yr. keeper league as well so the upside was too high.

I’m a stasher so I’m running out of spots. Picked up Spears and Moore when others dropped them after week 1. Definitely stashing Spears bc I doubt Henry resigns Moore just felt like the best second receiving option in that passing offense though Toney’s target rate is insane so I may have misjudged that. Toney wasn’t available though.

We don’t need a TE, it’s a flex spot but I’m still sitting on LaPorta as I think he could easily get into WR3 production territory.

5 bench spots and no IR so that league is tough.

Sitting on Zach Moss for now to see what happens with Taylor.

Absolute no-brainer, yeah. I advised a buddy of mine to spend the rest of his budget, I think it was around 70% overall (he’d won the Puka sweepstakes the first weekend). It wasn’t enough, but I agree be aggressive.

Alas, he was already rostered in my main league by the Chubb owner. Silly handcuffer.

I think you’re right about LaPorta, especially if it’s PPR. Love Spears too obviously, and 3 years is perfect for him. His knees will probably give out by then. I think you’re OK on Skyy too, his snap rate is a lot higher than Toney’s and I think it’ll stay that way. The targets will come.

I’m in a promotion/relegation keeper league, and the cost of keeping a guy (up to three total), is 1 round higher than where they were drafted the year prior. So if you’re in the lower league and hit on a guy who turns out to be a stud, you basically get to keep him forever. Mahomes, Allen, Jefferson, Tyreek, Hurts, etc… were all drafted in the lower league and are essentially forever keepers.

I’m in the lower league right now, and aside from ARSB who I hit on a couple of years ago, it’s nothing but rookies and long shots. Justyn Ross, Musgrave, Tucker, Chase Brown, Levis, Achane, Mingo, Rashee Rice. I’m gonna suck but I’m trying to take my lumps while I find my studs, then I’ll get promoted.

Oh, and Puka too, so that’s great.

That’s our format but without the promotion/relegation aspect.

In my league the inefficiency to exploit is that although the managers are pretty shrewd they don’t factor FA into the keeper process. That and the very short bench is why Spears becomes available.

I’ve been trying to acquire Justin Jefferson who is now at an 8th rounder. His keeper rights expire for the other manager this year. So I’m hoping to utilize these low round potentially emerging guys plus some draft picks to win that sweepstakes.

I’ve thrown the kitchen sink at that manager twice before and have twice been rejected. This last time he told me that he does plan to sell him off before keeper rights expire at the deadline.

Would you then get to keep him for 3 years?

Correct. 3 years at a 7th, 6th and then 5th rounder. So there is still extreme value there. Competition will be fierce.

My current keeper options with their round next year are:

Evans (4th), Pollard (3rd), Moore (6), Pickens (9th), Spears (11), LaPorta (11).

The draft is 14 rounds. I had Dobbins for a (9th) but have cut bait of course.

My team is Dak, Evans, Allen, Pickens, Pollard, Barkley, Gibbs/Ford so I’m pretty stacked and likely don’t want to trade Pollard or Evans bc I likely need them to take the league. Evans’ advanced age affects his value in a trade as well. Moore would have to become elite to make a 6th super appealing so best case is Pickens becomes a low end WR1 and I pair him with some draft capital and go get JJ. I really want to hold onto Spears. Like you I’m a big believer in the talent. 1/2 PPR league so he can be a top 5 back next year of all goes well.

And then the boon from trading him again in 3 years, because he’s so young he should still be great value.

Yeah you really need Pickens to come good, because if I’m the Jefferson owner I’m probably demanding Pollard be involved right now. He’s pretty expensive but since he’s a 1st rounder in redraft you’re still getting good value, and as long as Micah and the D is competitive, Dallas’s running back will be fantasy gold.

I’ll give up Pollard if I have to. I’ve got the RB depth and I’m just so much more comfortable with high end WR keepers bc the world of RBs changes so damn fast.

Well I agree totally with that. I almost exclusively target WRs and QBs in my promotion/relegation league for that reason.

But it being only 3 years makes it a little different, plenty of great 3-year runs from RBs. And Pollard’s kinda like Henry and Mostert in that he hasn’t taken as many hits as a young RB as a lot of highly-drafted guys tend to, so he should stay good for longer.

I’m legit thinking about keeping Dallas D with our 12th round pick next year

How many keepers? What is the scoring system for Team D?

1 keeper, value round. So we kept DK in the 5th over Tee in the 3rd, Pickens in the 11th, Chubb in the 2nd etc

It actually worked out perfectly because they took Chubb at 7 and we got Barkley at 8 who wanted. Then Gibbs round 2.

Is that how you did it too?

We got Jamo & Dallas round 11/12. JSN went 8th round to us

Guys like Kirk, Conner, Mike Williams etc we drafted early to produce now not concerned about keeper.

My team was middling last year so I sold off assets. My keeper situation was bleak as well which is unusual for me. So I kept Dobbins with a 9th (one round less than last year) and traded for Pollard (from a manger who is tanking to reset as he went for broke last year) and Pickens.

Yes we get three keepers as well. I don’t think in the decade that I’ve been in that league that anyone has ever kept a defense though.

Nobody ever kept a D

But Dallas put up 42 & 18

That’s Kelce status for a shit position in fantasy

Yeah Dallas is studly right now, but we all know year-over-year defense isn’t very sticky. As long as they’ve got Micah they should at least be top ten, but what happens if he gets hurt? That’s what really hurt the Bears D during Mack’s second year. He didn’t miss a ton of time but he played hurt most of the year and their D suffered.

1 Like

@Thats2 shhhh don’t put that voodoo on me

1 Like

Ha! You’re right. My bad.