Kayvon Thibodeaux down with knee injury

Couple thoughts…
#1. That sucks for him and their fans
#2. What the heck was he doing?

1 Like

Think you’re off base on this. Did you see the hit that caused the MCL sprain? His body broke down because someone bent his knee in a direction it’s not designed to bend. High ankle sprain is a misnomer. It’s more than a sprain.

I’m just pointing on warning signs. He missed all of the spring with a hip injury as well. He’s had 4 different injuries in college and his first preseason combined without ever playing a regular season game. I wish the guy well, but if I’m a Giants fan, that is concerning to me. Just like how I’m concerned about Levi.

1 Like

Being injury prone is more than just getting injured on the same hits everyone else takes. Being injury prone can also include a player who doesn’t protect himself properly or puts himself into compromising positions. I think with the extended look at it, you are absolutely correct that the Giants should be concerned about Thibs.

3 Likes

I don’t know how you can watch the mcl injury play and find fault with Thibs. But to each their own.

1 Like

His reactions or lack of reactions exposed him to injury in a situation that was right in front of him and that he could have easily avoided. That was his fault.

3 Likes

He looks like he was between moves. Like he was going to do something, thought about something else and did something entirely different.

1 Like

That type of block happens regularly in the NFL. Its up to the defender to protect himself. If he can’t do that he will get more of it.

2 Likes

It looked to me like he was bracing for a shoulder to shoulder hit…then the blocker went low and he wasn’t ready for it.