Kayvon Thibodeaux down with knee injury

watching game… and Thibs just went down grabbing the front of his knee in the “oh shit I just popped my ACL” pose.

Then my cable went out… and can’t watch a replay. :anguished:

2 Likes

I just saw this as well. He did eventually walk off (and walk to the locker room).

Said he was laughing coming out of the medical tent but the hit by Thaddeus Moss looked bad…

I agree.

1 Like

Seemed fine after coming out of the tent.

1 Like
2 Likes

Guys get cut blocked all the time… KT just didn’t protect himself well even though he could see the guy coming at him.
Gotta use his hands and be ready to shed that block.

6 Likes

If that’s dirty, the judges are legally blind.

1 Like

Not necessarily agreeing with the caption on the tweet–just thought people would want to see what happened.

3 Likes

Click bait!!

Cracking Up Lol GIF

1 Like

That was extremely unathletic and unaware, but perhaps he was trying to follow a recent lesson from one of his coaches and got confused in the moment. It’ll be interesting to hear how KT explains that one.

2 Likes

He’s only out 3-4 weeks. Not a dirty play though. A.J. Hawk keeping it real.

2 Likes

Yeah you see that all the time. Feel bad for him but glad it wasn’t anything more serious.

1 Like

One thing I thought was if he just kept his feet moving he would’nt have gotten hit like that. It does look like he hesitated for a second and got caught flat footed, but if he just keeps moving there and tries to avoid the block or get around it, that hit doesn’t happen maybe?

pat’s impressive here… love it

2 Likes

It looked like he stopped and braced himself for a shoulder to shoulder hit with the intent to win and then Moss went low. Rookie mistake.

1 Like

F’ing rookies.

Disappointed Colton Dunn GIF by Superstore

1 Like

Sucks dude got injured, but it’s not dirty at all. Hopefully Thibs take’s this for what it is, a teachable moment.

2 Likes

Durability was something that came up in the scouting reports. He had the ankle injury that made him miss time in 2021, and then he missed most of the spring with the Giants with a hip injury, and now an MCL knee sprain. And I’ve always wondered why he wears the massive elbow brace. Not a good sign when the body is breaking down before ever playing an nfl game.

1 Like

Perhaps KT has athletic skills that pop in best situations, but lacks quick recognition and response in more complex situations. Whatever was going on in his clouded moment, he offered his knee up for sacrifice in an awkward move that gets you picked last on the playground.