KC (Toney) Off Sides

I agree that KC got screwed last week on the non-call DPI, but this week they need to stop their crying.

Toney was clearly lined up in the neutral zone. And hey, your freaking RT is still lining up illegally too.

So quite frankly Chiefs…STFU

KC Offsides

7 Likes

Don’t X amount of guys have to be lined up on the line of scrimmage? Half the team is a yard or two closer to the QB. Am I missing something? Please educate me Denizens.

I love when people have the balls to call out the officiating. Unfortunately, bad timing on this one. Getting fined, and being wrong

1 Like

Mahomes comes off looking like a little bitch. Tells the refs not to call an obvious penalty because Kelce made a great play? Ridiculous. Patrick, now you see how the rest of the league gets treated…fairly.

Surprised at Andy in the press conference as well. How about placing the blame where if belongs…on Toney and the coaching staff for not banging the rules into his head?

2 Likes

I don’t want to hear it from them. It’s almost Packers-level hypocrisy. They played an entire game where ever pass set had their OT lined behind the LOS. If Mahomes is upset, look at your head coach. Someone’s got to get you all on the details.

3 Likes

Head Coach is busy eating chicken nuggies, don’t bother him.

1 Like

Yea there’s been a lot of bad officiating this year but that call was correct. Hopefully the Chiefs decide to move on from Mahomes….

2 Likes

For the offensive lineman to be considered “on the line of scrimmage,” their head needs to be at least at the belt line of the center. The right guard is borderline but generally acceptable, the left guard is iffy. Both tackles are back too far, so they are lined up illegally.

What Patrick was saying wasn’t “wrong.” Its just something that doesn’t typically happen to a team like the Chiefs. The Lions and Browns are the ones that have crucial penalties go against them because of “the letter of the law.” Generally speaking at each level of football, the receivers do not have to line up “perfectly” to be considered on/off the line of scrimmage. They line up and then look over at the ref to declare whether they are supposed to be ON or OFF the line of scrimmage. The ref will then acknowledge that the receiver is lined up where he thinks he is, or they will sometimes tell you to scoot up or scoot back.

Here is a play on the same drive, before the Toney play. Notice #83 putting his arm out while looking at the ref. That’s his way of saying “I’m trying to be on the line of scrimmage, is that cool?” You keep your arm extended until the ref acknowledges you. If the ref was wrong, they don’t throw the flag for a penalty because they “accepted” it. If you don’t do this, you are leaving it up to yourself as to whether you are lined up correctly or not. Looking back at the film, I can’t see where Toney asked for assistance from the ref. It looks to me like he just lined up and started playing with his facemask.

Same drive again. Rashee Rice is double checking with the ref that he is lined up correctly. He is told to keep his hand up until the ref acknowledges him.

Here is Richard Sherman doing it. Calvin has declared that he intends to be off the line of scrimmage. Sherman is in press coverage and is double checking with the ref that he is lined up correctly.

3 Likes

They used those nuggies to teach Reid about insurance, so maybe they can line up 11 Oreos to explain how the neutral zone works. “You see Koney the cookie here coach? He’s not supposed to be further forward than the cen- Stop eating my props!”

1 Like

But, Mahomes can lift the players around him with his “Elite” play?
Every QB in the league needs a team around him.
Every single one!

1 Like

100%
He is all but washed up at this point.

1 Like

Don’t receivers have the ability to use the line judges perspective to help them get lined up correctly? Defensive players also, for that matter… I think.

Never mind, I just saw Mr. Peabody’s excellent explanation.

Mahomes has never played a playoff game on the road.

Can’t wait to see him get bounced 1st road game @Balt or @Miamii

Bring them back to reality a bit.

Oh, Nagy sucks. Underestimated losing Bienamy and the impact that has.

And your WR suck they literally lose KC the game every week

2 Likes

Too close to call…

2 Likes

Dig In Denver Nuggets GIF by Sealed With A GIF

1 Like

I don’t blame them for pushing the limits on what the rules/refs allow, but for both HC and QB to overreact like that was , to quote The Walrus, “embarrassing” once you’ve seen that framegrab. All Mahomeboy’s fault, imo; he should have re-aligned Toney pre-snap.

Given their grumbling, I expected this call to be marginal/ticky-tack like the Dee Ford hand in the neutral zone in the AFCCG a while back that cost them a key turnover, but this was blatant. And isn’t RT Taylor STILL lining up a foot+ deeper than he’s allowed on the same play ?!

Yes it’s laughable to not enforce the rule earlier in the game where it wouldn’t have been as impactful. So let’s wait until it’s the play of the week with less than a minute to go. There’s no wonder that people think that officiating is rigged.

Are you saying the zebs waited until the play was over to throw the flag or were even late on the call ? Hadn’t heard that. Or that Toney had lined up that clearly in the NZ earlier and got away with it ? Hadn’t heard that, either; just that Reid complained about the lack of a courtesy warning for that specific play.

RT Taylor is clearly lined up illegally on the same play & KC has been repeatedly warned about that ,irrc ? If your theory is correct that the zebs enforced one aspect of the pre-snap alignment rules tightly after letting shizzle slide earlier, both plus and minus there, no ?

I certainly believe in ref inconsistency, especially for more successful players & teams, but the conspiracy stuff seems largely unsubstantiated & prejudicially subjective. I see more favorable calls for DET than any of you & I’m sure the reverse would be true of you when watching Ram games.

Until the NFL gets serious about using modern tech to improve accurate & consistent officiating like soccer, baseball, & rugby have done to varying degrees, all that multicam HD video does for the game is upset fans & allow understandable human bias/error to overly-influence outcomes, imo. 3 Hr+ telecasts full of ads & blather , but it would slow down the game too much…