KC what up?

I wonder if anyone here will believe him?

I do

And I hope Patricia has used these two weeks to do the same to the Packers

It’s not a science. Lions exposed the flaw. Colts surgically opened it. Houston removed the heart.

When teams lay out a blueprint for beating another team, a lot of times that comes out of division games. Those are the teams that you play the most, and do the most film study and preparation on. I will never forget an interview that Miles Killebrew did during the offseason before his rookie year. He said in their offseason camps, the coaches focused on the Packers and were already starting to gameplan for them.

What’s interesting to me about Patricia so far, is he’s able to come up with division rival type gameplans for normal opponents where you don’t have the level of information or preparation time on them. Its promising.

3 Likes

I like that Patricia has game plans.
Before we just went out and did what we do and challenge the other team to beat it.
And they gladly obliged.

I just wish that when Patricia creates a blueprint, that we actually use it to get a win and not just create it for other teams.

Last year he allegedly made the blueprint against the Rams in a 30-16 loss.

This year he allegedly made the blueprint against the Chiefs in a 34-30 loss giving up 440 yards of offense.

I understand he did some things to confuse the opposing QB and coordinator, but let’s not act like we shut them down. I honestly think us punching out 3 balls against the Chiefs had a hell of a lot more to do with the game being down to the wire, than the defensive game plan itself. We were just Johnny on the spot with those punch outs, and I hope things like that continue tonight.

1 Like

Those punch outs are based on coaching…

While I agree with you, it is a change to have a staff who other teams now copy verse a staff that copies other teams a year or two too late. It is a positive change.

Lets not forget, those punch outs are part of the defensive game plan every week and was/is being taught and practiced since spring camps.

The Lions “appear” to be heading in the right direction.

3 Likes

That’s totally fair. I’m not saying they aren’t, but people are acting like we created a game plan that nobody else would think of, yet still lost both games and gave up quite a few points along the way. I want to use this genius game plan for Detroit wins, not to help the rest of the league. Lol.

I hear you. I wish we would have closed the deal vs. KC too

It would also be nice if the other teams could not watch our games :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And…?
Are the Chiefs now on life support or are they getting a heart transplant?

Just saying that they are exposed. And until they address it, they’re toast in the long run.

Mahomes is playing on a bad wheel. If he was slowed like that when we played them we win that game because he can’t break off the run that got them the first down late. Indy and Houston played well (using MP’s game plan) but they had a lot of help with a less mobile Mahomes. It really just proves that Mahomes is the engine that drives KC’s success. Without him they would struggle to be a .500 team I think.

Ummm… we’re the ones who gave him a bad wheel, it just wasn’t early enough in the game.

We dinged him - he got it rolled over in the Colts game and then stepped on while flexed in the Houston game. He was much less mobile in those games.

Mahomes injured his ankle the 1st week of the season

No argument from me about that. But he had it rolled up on significantly in the Colts game and he was moving less because of it. Then he had it stepped on by one of his lineman while it was flexed in the Houston game. Again it slowed him down. He was moving fine in the game with us.