Keep an eye on the Colts

A move to clear this much cap room might be with a further move in mind. Something to keep in mind as the draft draws closer :thinking:

https://atozsports.com/indianapolis/colts-deforest-buckner-cap-space-13-million-void-years/

Trading for Aiyuk?

What irony if the last star traded by Lynch to Ballard is used to clear room for another.

1 Like

Seems like a weird time to do this unless there is a corresponding move…no?

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind seeing Harrison Jr go to the Colts. That would be a cool story.

2 Likes

A better player than Armstead.

Why are they about to float away?

I can not take any idea that the Colts are about to be relevant seriously. They drafted a QB who I did not and still do not think will ever amount to much. And that QB went out and did exactly what everyone said he would do, which is get hurt running around like this is still HS or College. You can not make this crap up. “hey kid in this league you gotta be careful these guys are men on the other teams” Kid- “LOL yeah we will see”…

2 Likes

That is one of the suspicions, that they are clearing up cap space to acquire a large contract, which in turn may indicate that they have had preliminary discussions with a team(s) regarding specific trade scenarios during the draft. With 29 million in cap space, think about the 15 million range +/-, and a team contemplating getting younger at a position and simultaneously offloading a veteran talent that the Colts would be interested in. Just one speculation that adds a spritz of intrigue.

1 Like

Cap recognition of 12%, 39%, 39% and 10% in void year isn’t that uncommon in the NFL today. But Buckner is now the only contract on the Colts that contains void years. Part of that has to do with Irsay being so cheap.

1 Like

The Quaaludes aren’t going to buy themselves.

3 Likes

A buckner story… from the man himself to me:

I picked him up at his house a few years ago. He had surgery on his hand and was taking lyft lux’s to the training facility. His wife would not let him drive one handed.

He told me the story of his trade to the colts. They were pressing him to sign for cheap and gave his agent permission to seek a trade if he could find a contract he wanted. The stipulation was to keep it quiet. They did not know that his agent was a college roommate with the colts gm. They didnt know who he was traded to till it all was finalized.

1 Like

Walter White Wink GIF by Breaking Bad

1 Like

I bartended when sopers may as well have been legal because anyone who wanted them had them and you took car keys away and had a basket filled at the end of the night. You got to spill “A” drink, after two I wasn’t playin’.

The 70’s? The 70s sound crazy. The drug stories that my friends’ yuppified baby boomer parents have told me are insane. But the drugs sure did lead to some great music and movies.

True story, a regular both at the bar and with sopers was at the Rose Bowl with another group from where I bartended when IOWA played Washington. I ran into Ken and his group before the parade and we were suppose to meet up later at our RV before the game. Everybody showed except Ken. He got separated from the group and ended up in a residential area and finally knocked on someone’s door and asked to use their phone. He introduced himself, “Hi, I’m Ken Bianchi and I got separated from my friends, can I use your phone to call a cab?”. They agreed, told Ken they called one and he could wait there until the cab arrived. The cab was black and white and had a siren, they called the cops, why wouldn’t you, Ken Bianchi was the name of the serial killer known as the “Hillside Strangler”. The cops ID’s him and laughed their asses off, “Hey Larry, it really IS Ken Bianchi.” The cops drove him to our RV and dropped him off, stayed around and shot the shit but passed on a beer. IOWA got their asses kicked so besides Ken and his story I sat just a few people away from Jimmy Stewart who was the Grand Marshall that year, got to chat up his group so there was that. Ken later became a low level diplomat to Brazil, married a ■■■■■■■ Brazilian hotty, and proved that you can straighten the ■■■■ up.

1 Like