Kelvin Sheppard on blitz calls against Panthers

Trying to see bright side of shep but this is hard to listen to. hope they dont lose the locker room if they still have it. players probably getting tired of coach saying its all your fault if they are thinking shep is not the right coach. They also called out williams in public not saying he shouldn’t be called out just not in press
Can imagine what its like in the locker room

It’s the perfect storm for those that want change. Bad team, worst offense in the league and going into a bye week. If the defense struggles again win or lose, if Campbell doesn’t fire Shep and/or Holmes makes a trade it’s not going to happen this year.

Passing yards / game.

Clearly Shep knows what he’s doing. Let the chef cook.

1 Like

Q: A huge part of coaching is putting guys in the position to do what they do best. Is there any feeling that you misevaluated what guys can do in this defense? Or are they just not executing what they are capable of doing?

A: Absolutely not. I’m standing firm in my beliefs. I know my beliefs and so does this unit.

That’s not an answer to the question, at all, and the rest of his response is just sad. If something doesn’t work, do you just try something else? Yeah, most people do. The ones that don’t, get left behind.

It’s sad man. I said it before, I hold Dan responsible for this part. If you see a guy who is clearly in over his head and at a breaking point, you have to step in. That’s your biggest responsibility to your team, whether it’s coaches or players.

I gotta listen to the full question and answer before repsonding on this one. Anyone got a video link?

Sheppard’s comments start at 12:30

1 Like

Wow you’re fast. Hopefully you don’t hear that from the leadies often but thanks

Will watch after dinner

I still have the video up, was re-listening to get the quotes right.

I do. :sob: Fortunately for me, I get over things just as fast. :smirking_face:

2 Likes

Since AFL NFL merger.

3 most Yards per game allowed

9th most pass yards allowed per game

7 most points per game

1 Like

His opening in today’s presser is laughable bordering on cringe. When YouTube interrupted with a political commercial, I didn’t hit skip, LOL

Except Dan has a tendency of being this level of confused when defense is discussed.
Trending Wow GIF