The ego on this team is absolutely astounding to me. I don’t get how you can see the performance of this defense and say anything that comes off this way.
Never post pictures about this era.
No self awareness
No accountability


Wait… is he saying we lost even though he made the right call?
Doesn’t the L suggest maybe those were not the right call.
I want to like Shep. But this is a level of boneheaded I haven’t seen.
That’s grounds for fired right there. Not taking any responsibility when my special needs brother can ask WTF are we doing??? So you are blaming the guys running your terrific scheme…
Also, this is the exact thing that got Morton fired last year. Morton started saying his playcalls were fine, it was the players who were not executing. It built up to a point Dan had to make a change because the players started pushing back.
Again, I know nothing was coming this week, but if nothing is done over the bye, this will keep getting worse before anything gets better. This isn’t a just slump that we can push through with practice and reps. It’s using the wrong tools to do the wrong job and wondering why we keep getting the wrong results.
Okay, i lost any respect for Sheppard that i had.
The players have already started.
When they asked DJ Reed if the Lions were a zone team he basically said they should be a match team but they have to execute whatever they are told.
When a starter is effectively saying they should play differently than they do then the writing is on the wall
I’m going to agree with DJ Reed and stand by my statement
Put DJ Reed on opposing team WR2
Put other CB with safety over top on WR1
Every play I don’t care if they know the coverage .
Change it up in the red zone try and make a play and force FGs
That’s our only hope man
Shepard said he spent off season watching films of other defenses in the league, good coaches create a system not try to copy others
Except Dan is saying the same thing… From what they’ve both said over the last couple of weeks regarding players not being in the right place or issues with communication or trust with some players, it’s sounding like the coaches agree that it’s a personnel issue
Totally get that. It’s also why I’ve said even though I support Dan, this IS a Dan problem. If he keeps pushing that this is a personnel issue, he is going to end up isolating the personnel. Worse than that, as we’ve already seen, the GM isn’t exactly known for churning defensive personnel.
Dan may be wanting to back his DC who is under fire, but (and I believe he is) you’d better tread carefully if you back your coach over your players. Dan pulled the plug on Morton to stop an offensive mutiny. He better handle the defense the same way, otherwise he risks a defensive mutiny, and they’d be right to do so.
I don’t think the worst case will end up happening, Dan seems to know people and has a really good pulse on things most of the time. However, ego can make even the smartest people do stupid things. If Dan doesn’t navigate this properly, I would say this could end up becoming that moment where Dan officially loses the team and then his job.
Dan has to back dude publicly but I’d bet a lot of money if we get set on fire again Sunday then Shep is gone
I agree. Even if they win, if the defense gets shredded over and over with McBride and Brissett having career days, a change must be made.
I haven’t seen the interview, or presser, but I saw a post saying that he said it’s disrespectful to say the offense has to play better for us win games. That his defense will do their 1/3rd of the work. Point blank, period!
Is he living in reality?
The worst quote is about when asked about adjusting
“You can try to change but then it wont work and try again, no we have the way we want to play and thats it” so your not going to adjust at all cool.
The only thing Sheppard said that was good is that anything he says is lip service. That’s a true statement. The rest of it, it’s just sad. This guy is in over his head, he knows it and the media knows it. His statement about the adjustments? He can’t adjust. He doesn’t know how, because he copied defenses from other teams that were successful but he doesn’t really understand why it works. If you don’t know how it really works, if something changes, you don’t know what to do to change in return. That’s why he said we play the way we want to play.
I really, truly feel bad for the guy. His stress and anxiety has to be off the charts, and that’s what he sounded like in that press conference.

