Kenneth Walker. First round pick?

If You Say So Eye Roll GIF by Women's History Month

to me , it depends on how many picks we have…I liked him so much, but if you only have 5-6 picks? then we have to make other areas a higher priority.

I would love that if we were on the clock, but don’t think he’ll last that long. He has some serious skills…

I’ve got mixed feelings on this.

On the one hand, a little voice in my head is screaming Tshimanga Biakabutuka 2.0.

On the other hand, I see a thicker, north/south RB being a better fit for this offense as a whole as the feature back.

I love walker, but nope on drafting a RB.

1 Like

I agree with that. If we are going to draft a skill player early, we are desperate for a talented young WR, not RB.

We already got Williams and Swift both coming back next year, plus Jefferson might develop. All 3 are still young, with Williams being the oldest at 26.

I’d go with the pass rusher first overall, we know we’re picking 1st for sure. And then look to hit on a WR and Safety with the Rams pick and our #33 overall.

If we could come away with a talented pass rusher, WR and Safety with the top 3 picks, that would really help this team. Inside linebacker might be possible too depending on how Barnes plays down the stretch and develops or not. And we need a QB, but I’m thinking we wait until 2023 to go there.

Perhaps a RB in the mid to late rounds of the draft for depth and competition, look how far Jefferson fell last year.

Word!

I’m wondering what, if any, their plans for Okudah are.

1 Like

There’s no doubt that this defense is lacking a heart, soul, field general, call it what you will, but someone with fire that gets up in the grill of teammates and holds them accountable. What I wouldn’t give for a Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher, or another Spielman, in this class. Hard to be that guy as a DE.

1 Like

Nakobe Dean from Georgia. Look him up.

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering this, too.

Guys here who know more than I do about this stuff are pretty adamant that he’d make a good safety if he doesn’t return to 100%. I wonder how that plays into the draft calculus, especially with Walker playing well and some really good prospects coming through in the draft.

1 Like

Yes! He’s just what we need. He’s probably my favorite option at 1b

1 Like

Why? Just off the top of my head, I’d say DE’s like Reggie White, J.J Watt, Kevin Greene and Mike Vrabel were pretty good leaders. I’m sure there are many more examples. Any starting position can be a great leader if they are wired that way.

I would love a Brian Urlacher clone though.

1 Like

Is he from Wakanda? this could be perfect

I like him to replace Harris at safety next year. I think what we have seen from our other DB’s in coverage has been enough to consider moving him to safety. He’s always been a solid tackler with some pop to him. I also don’t like how he plays with his back to the ball in coverage and his struggles to get his head around.

Putting him at the safety position would allow him to read the field and make some plays with his length and tackling ability. It worked well for Charles Woodson after his injury so I believe it’s a good option.