Kenny Pickett traded to Philly

Sacked once every 11 drop backs. 50.7 QBR…had under 20 completions per game and threw for 205ypg…those numbers are trash. Only throwing for 3k but 28TDs is a fluke. Theres a reason he was released…

He’s one of the worst starting QBs in the league. The Broncos are paying him 85 million to play somewhere else and got nothing in return.

Oh yeah and he’s on a one year contract…someone relevant is going to be brought in. Tomlin might have more job security than most (completely unwarranted at this point might I add), but you can’t roll into the season with Russell Wilson being your no doubt QB1 playing for 1.2m

Btw 3,000yds in a season in today’s nfl is not a statistic one should point out as a positive. 205 yards per game is pathetic if you aren’t Lamar Jackson.

Pickett whined himself off a team where he was competing against Russell to now competing against Jalen Hurts. I mean what an idiot. And the Eagles team is a complete tire fire and their fans are ruthless.

Sam Howell, on the other hand, good fit in Seattle. I like that move for him.

1 Like

Agree on the first point, disagree on the second. They gave him a stud TE, 2 stud RB’s, a stud WR and he still couldn’t do as well as a career backup did when he came in surrounded by the same offense. So to “show” the Steelers he went to a guaranteed backup job?? Great work! Enjoy your clipboard.

1 Like

If anything he’s in a far worse situation. Because Hurts is the starting qb. Pickett had a better chance to beat out Russ who’s on a 1 year deal than Hurts who got a massive contract.

Although Hurts takes a lot of hits… so maybe being his backup might get some playing time.

2 Likes

Well said.

He could have taken his medicine and stayed with the team, working towards being the starter. Russ is there on a 1 year deal for super cheap. He is only super cheap because of his unique situation and how much money he is owed by the Broncos.

1 Like

Good call.

Ryan Gosling Clap GIF

Ice Age Spinning GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Maybe Kenny fell for that B.S. about the Philly o-line. Boy is he in for a surprise there, that is if Hurts ever gets hurt.

Small hands energy

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-steelers-traded-kenny-pickett-because-he-was-unhappy-with-the-signing-of-russell-

Wouldn’t want him on the Lions even if acquired for nothing.

That was just some draftnik’s wet dream. With Goff in place, I don’t believe the Lions ever had any real interest in Malik Willis. If they did, they had a shot at him at No. 46 overall.

From my own perspective, Malik wouldn’t have been as big a thing if it weren’t for Trey Lance. So, I blame Shanahan for my thinking Malik could be a 1st rounder. He was a good dude through the whole process, too.