Khalil Mack out for the season

Oh, I’m not questioning his individual production, but for where the Bears envisioned themselves to be as a result of that trade, as a team, is where they lost it. Trubisky was supposed to be leading the offense, while Mack was supposed to elevate the defense into an upper echelon unit.

Neither side of the ball went as planned. In addition, the Bears lost all those draft picks, and who knows what selections they would have made that could have helped.

So yes, I would say both parties lost in that transaction.

1 Like

The Bears won that transaction by a landslide.

The Bears got Mack and a early 2nd round pick.
The Raiders got a late 1st, mid 1st, and late 3rd.

The remaining transactions that Pace made… and the failure of Matt Nagy to develop a competant offense are completely independent of that transaction.

I always find it interesting when fans evaluate a trade for an existing player with two completely different lenses. The team that acquired the player and gave up draft picks is held to a completely different standard. If they kept the picks, would people have expected them to compete for championships just based on those couple of picks? I understand when you trade for a older player who’s on his last legs. I get that. But when its younger guy that gives you 4-6 years of solid play…that’s about all you can expect out of the best draft picks anyways. So what’s the big deal?

When people think back on Khalil Mack, they will think of Bears Khalil Mack. That’s how good he’s been and how much the Bears got out of the trade.

2 Likes

Swing and a miss !!

2 Likes

I guess I didn’t specify who you would be making the money for.