Kliff Kingsbury could resign as coach of Arizona Cardinals, report suggests

2 Likes

Wow that’s a lot of dysfunction. You’ve got an unhappy coach, a negative QB, unhappy receivers, and a lot of losses. It reminds me of some old lions teams (not the specifics, but the general vibe).

It makes me happy how well things are jiving right now!

7 Likes

He’ll go back to college and make a ton of money.

So glad we didn’t go the college football route.

7 Likes

Don’t know if you have seen the in season Hard Knox with the Cards? Yeah Kliff didn’t seem to come across as a real leader and the team just seem to be a bunch of guys playing not to get hurt. Oh and glad we missed out with Murray dude will be out of the league with the next staff. Should have never fired Wilkes after 1 season with Josh Rosen as his starter

6 Likes

Interesting… him and McVay both rumored to be walking away after this year…

2 Likes

I’m so glad we have a good head coach who we don’t have to have this discussion about this off-season… very refreshing to just talk about how DC is gonna build the team

2 Likes

He wasn’t a good college coach.

5 Likes

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

that can’t be real

Has any college coach been good in the NFL?

1 Like

That’s a great question… I’m sure there has to be a couple but I don’t know who

1 Like

I cant think of any either…oh, I guess Jimmy Johnson, right!!!

3 Likes
1 Like

Wow ok… that is not a long list! Interesting

3 Likes

Pete Carroll is the main current one.

3 Likes

Harbaugh got the 49ers to the Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick at QB.

9 Likes

Pete Carroll shouldn’t be included for consideration. He was more of an NFL coach who spent some time in college. By the time he took the USC job he had been in the NFL for close to 20 years. He had time as a defensive coordinator for the Jets and 49ers. He was the head coach of the Jets and Patriots. Getting hired with the Seahawks is literally his 3rd stint as an NFL head coach. And while he was in college, he kept all of his NFL contacts and grew the list, preparing for another potential shot if it ever came.

For Kingsbury to catch up with Pete in terms of NFL time before he got the Seahawks job, he would need to somehow stay in the NFL for 10+ more years as a position coach, 2 offensive coordinator jobs and 1 more NFL head coaching job. At THAT point he would be ready for his Pete Carroll shot at a 3rd chance.

3 Likes

Jim Harbaugh came from Stanford to the 49ers.

Bobby Ross, Barry Switzer and Jimmy Johnson are probably the most successful outside of Pete Carroll.

3 Likes

Oh c’mon Air. Barry Switzer? Really?:On paper only. The Cowboys were on autopilot, that team could have won three more rings with Jimmy Johnson. The only reason Switzer got hired was because of Jerry Jones hubris.

4 Likes

Jimmy Johnson, Pete Carrol

1 Like

Industry buzz is that Kliff and McVay are both going to quit football and start making buddy cop movies for the Hallmark Channel?

4 Likes