Latest Atlantic mock

2 Likes

Is it against forum etiquette to post the link to the article that skirts the paywall? Someone on Reddit Lions posted it

1 Like

Yes, @nate posted something a while back about posting full articles from pay sites as no no.

1 Like

Starting to think DE at 2
DT at 32 or 34

3 Likes

Those top 4 picks of that draft would be homeruns to me.

3 Likes

I think so too. I think DE at 2 then DT/S or S/DT at 32 and 34

LB depth is deep. We are going to add a super athletic LBer in the third. Maybe two. I’d rather stock the defense than take another TE.

Could this be an all defense draft?

4 Likes

This is what I think too…

1. DE
  2. DT or WR
  3. DT or WR

I’m okay if we move around a bit and get Willis or Jordan Davis. :wink:

IF we have to move up a bit to get Davis or Willis, I’m all in.

1 Like

If they don’t take a WR with one of the top 5 picks, I think a lot of people will freak.
But, straight defense other than that would be fine with me.

2 Likes

They have to get a TE and WR somewhere
Would be nice to pick up a WR by day 2

Beyond TE and WR, I’d be good with an all defensive draft.

1 Like

I’m cool with this draft. No way Chenal makes it to 66 though. I’m if he’s there for the Pats in round 2 that’s a done deal IMO. I think he goes even sooner than that though.

I actually like the Day 3 here as well. Mays, Bell and Austin were all big time recruits. Very talented guys. Kolar is one of many TE options that I’m fine with. I don’t think there’s room for Austin so I’d rather go for a RB or a second TE with that spot. But that’s minor quibbles.

1 Like

I’d be happy if this is how our draft played out.

3 Likes

My biggest wants in terms of needs of the team…
DT
DE
WR

Dudes I’d like to target → Willis, Hutch, Thibz, Davis (in that order)
Obviously a trade down would be amazing.

I’ll be very surprised if indeed we take Willis
Don’t see that happening

We’ve all read countless reasons for or against but i believe they MUCH prefer to see Goff with his head straight for an entire season.

Certainly the best thing would be for Goff to find his mojo …

Got my mojo working’!!

1 Like

Love getting a safety (prefer Cine over Brisker). Really like Watson as a receiver. Would like Chenal at top of 3rd. I think Coby Bryant will be a very good CB so good use of the compensatory pick. Kolar in the 5th is sweet for TE depth. Not familiar with Bell or Austin.

Got to hope Thibs is as better than advertised. Prefer Hutch and even like Walker for the position versatility at pick #2.

There’s no way Kolar falls that far. He would be a good fit here though, and he’s really smart.

" Charlie Kolar is the recipient of the William V. Campbell trophy, also known as the Academic Heisman . The senior was named an All-American and Academic All-American this year. The award is given to the nation’s best scholar-athlete football player."

Bro, we have to get a LB, but, I agree.

3 Likes

I’m not feeling pressed for a DT… but I definitely want a pass rusher, safety, receiver and LB. I think we are incredibly weak at safety and LB. With Hutch and Thibs at the top, I’m good with either one so we can maybe finally have a legit pass rush. Personally prefer Thibs but think Detroit will favor Hutch from a culture and mental makeup aspect. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if we moved down and drafted Sauce though.

I don’t think we are going to target Willis or any QB in round 1. It seems like we will give Goff a legit shot this coming year to see what he can do with more around him.

1 Like

Yup
Lots of interesting directions we can go. Gonna be super-interesting ot find out, that’s for sure
Predicting DE in the first. It gets more interesting and less predictable after that. :wink:

1 Like

Charles Davis mock:

Hutch & Corral to the Lions.

1 Like

I’d rather see a LB mixed in there somewhere instead of a DT.

1 Like