Leaderboard update (giveaways?)

So, I’ve been spinning on this leaderboard lately. Natty is crushing it and will eclipse 100,000 points soon.

Which is all well and good for bragging rights.

Now, the system is designed in a way to prevent “cheap” points. So milestones like 100k have to be earned.

But what about rewarded?

I’m thinking about rewarding 100k users with a custom Lions jersey. We won’t likely have enough users hitting that mark to bankrupt me, and the site revenue just covers the cost of annual hosting (woo!), so a jersey or two a year is feasible. This also might be a fun perk to increase activity.

We could even expand it to reward VIP members a free month if they are leaders for that month, or bigger prizes like tickets, psychedelic toads, or being able to use @Weaselpuppy ’s account for a day.

Bad idea? Good idea? Better ideas? Anyway, I want your thoughts.

5 Likes

Any way there could be a prize to rub Sheila’s bunyans for a day and give Rod Wood a break? Cheap points ftw!

3 Likes

We’d all be trying to get negative points as quick as possible.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself mister!
Make Up Lipstick GIF

6 Likes

steve buscemi people to kill GIF

3 Likes

Not sure how points are tabulated. ??
I’m here EVERY day and give likes where I like quite often. I have started a few in depth topics, but I have less than 10,000 points?
Not complaining, I just wish I knew how the system worked.

2 Likes

Too bad we couldnt go back in time and reclaim points from old handles. I started out on here as Brent420 in 2004. Then i changed to maizeandhonolulublue so i would be taken more seriously. A few years back i started new with this current name.

1 Like

I’ll break it down here.

Handsomeness gets you 25k. Maybe that’s the problem?

5 Likes

I guess I’m shaving my head! :innocent:

3 Likes

Does a big unit give me any additional points? I’m thinking it’s worth 80k on its own.

2 Likes

Yeah but the hot pink one in your drawer doesn’t count though.

2 Likes

I think it’s a fun idea.

1 Like

Dammit

3 Likes

2 Likes

I just shaved my head, licked a toad and bought a Jack Fox jersey . . . How many points did I gain?

7 Likes

high score guitar hero screen GIF by South Park

3 Likes

4 Likes

@Bigswinginbeef just jumped into the top 5 in points!

Fixed it for ya! @BigNatty had to verify with Nate that he had a clean shaven nutsack. How that happened is between the two of them, but it boosted his status.

4 Likes

Pure lumberjack from the neck down, Holmes!:facepunch::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1. Why make the site more boring.

2. You mayyyyyyy not want to grant access to the Moderators Forum to people for a day…

A Few Good Men You Cant Handle The Truth GIF by SundanceTV

1 Like