‘Let’s not mess around’: Why Lions’ Brad Holmes got aggressive with Day 3 trades

1 Like

@Jman

3 Likes

More than ever before, there are going to be players we desperately want to keep that will have to be cut to get to 53., and really, there’s not much difference between a 7th round pick and a UDFA.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m saying. I don’t look at Vaki as a guy that can be a potential super star.

I see him as one of the mos solid versatile team-first, chess-playing roster pieces.

His best position to me will always be SS.

But no matter what, we got a solid dude that can play 20 snaps a game minimum on special teams. For a 4th rounder.

Same round ST All Pro’s Jaylon Reeves Maybin & Myles Killebrew got drafted

3 Likes

I love that we are now innovators. Love that they are taking everything into consideration & ahead of the curve in pretty much every area…Leaving no stone unturned.

10 Likes

Me thinks, Holmes is having a fever dream about Vaki, envisioning him as the reincarnation of Bills HoFr, Steve Tasker,the original Swiss Army knife - KR, ST, RB, S…

One can Dream !!..

3 Likes

Don’t forget backup NB & emergency CB

Which means BYE BYE Will Harris

1 Like

With as much trickery as we do on ST, you need a guy like VAKI.

11 Likes

If Vaki allows you to carry one less RB or SS on the roster because he can play both that is a valuable asset

7 Likes

Exactly… maybe more than 1 extra roster spot

SS - Brandon Joseph
ST - Dorsey
DB - Will Harris
4th RB

Like why can’t Vaki have all their roster spots? I think that’s the plan

And I think that’s why Brad & Dan were in agreement on Saturday morning to go get him

1 Like

Making the Lions 16 man practice squad is gonna be rough

They have done a great job of building depth and competition

1 Like

2024 version of Miles Killebrew

Making my 53 man projections.
As soon as they got him. I instantly reworked my entire thinking because he is so versatile.

I cant wait to see what camp brings and how much of a chess game they are going to do on special teams and in the back field

I think you’ve got Packers on the brain. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He won’t play both. He simply can’t practice and attend all the meetings for both. Holmes said the vision for him is RB, outside of special teams.

3 Likes

Hell be RB 4 to start the season.
But hell likely NEVER take the field as RB.

Well see tho. I see him being much like Pittman, or Dorsey or gilmore ext. where sure they are “LB” or “DB” but they hardly every play other than ST

Brad Holmes: "The vision is we’re so intrigued by the running back stuff, especially because he hadn’t been majoring in it, so it’s like how far can this thing go if he’s actually majoring in this thing in one room? So that’s going to be the vision.”

2 Likes

Lets face it.
As someone said on the radio.
If Holmes drafted my 5’6" 280 pound cousin who has never played football. I would trust he must have a plan.
What has happened in Detroit is amazing and the management of the org and decision makers have earned some serious respect and some room to make moves without much push back from us fans at the moment. Of course, if Manu does not become an All Pro then I will change my tune :rofl: :wink: :grimacing:

Ideally he can take over the personal protector role on punt. Not sure how good his arm is but he would be a major upgrade on run fakes over JRM. Althougg JRM had a helluva season last year in that role.

1 Like

Uh, willing to bet he gets carries early in the season.