Let's make eachother feel old

I feel old as dirt…
Joined when my oldest kid was 28… he’s 46 now!
Wtf?!

1 Like

Denmate since late 90’s, wish I could remember how I found you all. But I know I was on dial up AOL. :innocent:

2 Likes

■■■■, i got excited, i thought adrian was back for a second…

1 Like

One year remote tour. Dear goodness, the food was absolutely phenomenal. Absolutely loved it. However, I don’t miss the odor of the street run, downhill waste disposal system. Lol

1 Like

I miss spike. He was such a kind man and gave me a great deal of encouragement during my trials and tribulations. I dearly wish they could have won one for that man.

5 Likes

So where did you watch the championship game? My 84 yo uncle said he had to drive to a Lansing hotel to watch it on tv. From Detroit to Lansing. I think he had his girl with him.

I’m so old I can’t remember

3 Likes

found it when I was maybe 52 or so.

I’m 56 now.

I do I get credit for following MLIVE Killer all day long? I miss him.

2 Likes

I was up until midnight last night combing through a database of articles I wrote/published dating back to 2004 (247sports must have kept everything when they bought the network—I stumbled upon it and was convinced it was everything that we ever posted). It was weird reading headlines about drafting Shaun Cody or Artose Pinner and the signing of Jeff Garcia. But I was seeking a piece that spike (Robert) wrote for us, and I couldn’t find it. It just wasn’t there. I’ve been looking for that article for years. In it he described how his dad was a diehard Lions fan and died without ever seeing them win it all. He believed the Lions would win a Super Bowl in his lifetime and on that day he’d visit his grave and say, “They finally did it, dad.”

If they ever do, I’ll find where he’s buried and pay that honor. Like you, he helped me through rough patches, including financially.

5 Likes

On that day, please let me know, I too would wish to honor him. Dear goodness I miss my friend.

4 Likes

I’m thinking late 1998 or early 1999.

1 Like

I think it was 2007, though 2008 for sure.

I remember being stoked about that season after a 4-0 preseason. We started against Atlanta, who were crap and starting some rookie QB named Matt Ryan. It was gonna be a win. Cha-ching!!

And then Ryan had 3 TD passes by the end of the first quarter. And you know the rest too. That’s what low pad levels will do for you…

So I was 57.

1 Like

Pre season champs baby! 4-0!

2 Likes

It was right when I moved back to Michigan, which I’m going to say is 2002. 3-13 season and Morningweg. Haven’t always been the most active (there have been spurts where I disappeared), but I’ve been through all the iterations of the Den.

I lost everything during one of the change-overs, so I’ve either always been jthom1980 or jthom19802. I’d like to think some of the old-timers always remembered me here, but wouldn’t blame them if they didn’t.

First off I do remember you from way back, but your math is way off. I was 22 in 2002 and I’m 42 now. I think your number is more like 2005-2006 unless you time travel frequently :joy: :beers:

1 Like

This thread is 4 years old.

1 Like

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

3 Likes

Wow, this is a great post. We all deserve a winner, like all the legends mentioned above wanted so bad.

Sometimes we all get heated and upset with each others mock drafts and free agency takes, but shit, we all deserve a winner. We all are half crazy to still cheer for this team.

5 Likes

No doubt. Every team who’s fans have suffered long championship droughts have that feeling of dedicating that Championship to the people who didn’t live to see it. I’ve got my own, personal list that has unfortunately grown over the years of the people etched into my heart that I will be celebrating for when that day finally comes to pass. My grandpa, spike, LionsMom, my best friends dad, my buddy Matt. It sucks. I just want them to win one before I add more names. That too much to ask?

3 Likes

Since the Lions “signed” Roosevelt Coleman.

I was 20-21. I remember the excitement of having McDougal & Gibson. Then Bobby Ross quite mid season and we hired Millen. Finally we have a “ football “ guy in charge.

I’m now 45

married with children ed oneill GIF