Let's talk about Ryan Poles

I question some of Poles moves but I think he did what he could with Fields

The lack of compensation for Fields tells you what the league really thinks about him.

He was clearly over drafted.

1 Like

The #1 overall pick has only been traded 3 times since 1998 (25 years). The team with the first pick tends to overvalue what they have, and never get a deal done. Poles was willing to put a realistic value on the pick, and got a deal done.

I like they traded fields where he wanted to go

NFL should treat players more like that

@Air2theThrown yes about value and there were other teams interested so it’s not that he didn’t have value plus adding knowing Chicago writing on the wall also help bring the value down some

These highly drafted guys come cheap on second go round

• if you think you have good coaching
    Why not take a chance to develop a guy who was deemed to have physically elite skills to be drafted top 12

Like Hooker might get a bigger return than Lance and Fields

Gouda Cunts???

really?

He put them in cap hell with free agent spending that was not sustainable… and his drafting is suspect at best.

1 Like

Poles said at the combine they would do right by Fields, this comment does seem to show they did that.
Now, is it because they miscalculated earlier, sure, wouldn’t surprise me at all, we all get the spin machine is real.

Poles has done pretty good this off season. ….but only has like 4 picks I think now? The 6th for Fields is in 2025 I think.

I think his biggest failure will be the hiring of Eberflus. I’m just not a fan.

Poles going all in on Caleb Williams. Hopefully his medicals check out. I have a strange feeling about his medicals not because he didn’t do them at the combine but because he didn’t do them for the bears personal after the combine telling them to wait tell after pro day. Let’s see how long Eberflus last if they start out 2-8

Will see what CW is he could be great or he could be what he looks like he will be an arrogant, yet mentally fragile at times. A QB who has all the psychical tools. Besides maybe his Height. But there are many question marks when it comes to CW more than a lot of people want to admit.

But Poles has gotten fleeced by Pittsburgh twice now. It came out that Fields camp didn’t want to get traded to a few teams. I have also herd poles is soft on his players a few different times.

His FA there are question marks.

You need more than physical tools to play QB. That’s the problem with drafting on just tools. Haven’t seen Caleb play in a NFL style offense, that would be a major stumbling block for me.

https://twitter.com/SeanMagee04/status/1769521192057139452

2 Likes

When he’s ready to play WR, I hope he gives us a call. He could be Randel El ++.

That’s a fair position to take. However, in the land of Hypothetical, had the Panthers won a few more games and fallen out of a Top 10 selection, the timing of that trade would have been brought up as evidence of incompetence. There’s not a doubt in my mind about that. The mob we refer to as ‘people’ are fickle like that.

He’s like the equivalent of apathy. I don’t feel one way or another about him. Doing … a job. Not great, not bad. A job.

I don’t think anyone imagined the Panthers pick was going to be #1 overall. And I don’t think the Panthers pick needed to be super high to justify the compensation. It was the highest compensation any team received during last years draft. What’s interesting is that the Panthers said their original intention wasn’t to move up to the 1st overall pick. They said they were focused on negotiating for picks 2 or 3. It was when Chicago seemed willing to be reasonable and not look for the greatest trade in the history of trades that they sat down and hammered out a deal. If Chicago would have been stubbourn, the Panthers were prepared to move to a different spot. So the Bears could have ended up in the same position alot of teams with the #1 overall pick end up in…unable to make a trade because the asking price is too high.

2 Likes

The incompetence and meddling of Tepper.

1 Like

This is just media bullshit as they try and control the narrative - just like Washington when Ben Johnson turned them down.

I doubt there were other offers and if there were and these teams offetibg offering better deals than the equivalent of a 7th round pick then Poles is a chump and negligent in his duties as a GM and how he serves the Bears.

I agree. We should reject the reporting and instead let’s all just stick with what with think happened. Personally, I think Poles was offered two first by the Chiefs. That guy is an idiot for rejecting that offer.

2 Likes

For which you and I can be thankful for. :pray: :laughing:

1 Like

Didn’t he trade for Sweat and sign him to a long term deal? Didn’t he sign Jaylon Johnson to aing term deal? Weren’t the Bears the #1 defense in the league after the trade deadline?

Love Island Dance GIF by PeacockTV

Ryan Poles in a nutshell