Let's talk about Ryan Poles

https://x.com/gmfb/status/1770433743796277427?s=20

It’s easy to look at Carolina and say the Bears smoked them in that trade. But if Young ends up being as good as some think he may this trade will look much different in a couple of years. Just like the Lions trade of Stafford looked rough in year 1 and looked pretty damn good in year 3.

I think Poles has done a great job….other than the QB stuff with Fields. I’m not a huge Caleb Williams guy so we will have to see how that works out. How Williams does work out will say more about Poles than anything else. Oh and if Fields ends up playing well for the Steelers that’s gonna be a tough pill to swallow as well.

Yeah the bears could get Caleb and Harrison with a competent GM. That would set them up on offense for the next decade.

I wouldnt say it was a low price really, and he was set to be a free agent in all likelihood. In the middle of a wasted season that move came off as a desperate attempt to save his job. Imo

It may have been exactly that. It doesn’t change how much it transformed the bears defense the second half of the season. If the bears nail the quarterback pick they’re going to be a problem sooner rather than later. Suddenly the nfc north will have 3 young, talented teams in the lions, packers and bears. The Vikings could also surprise if they figure out their quarterback situation.