Lets Talk WRs in this 2022 Draft

grinch smile GIF

1 Like

I guess is see G Wilson smaller Davante Adams, he just gets open, runs defenders off him, and tracks the ball on space incredibly.

I see Burks as a faster and taller AJ Brown

I see D London as a poor man AJ Green with lesser route running, but more juice after the catch.

I see J Dotson in the Diontae Johnson mold

I see D Bell as a Kennan Allen type. Good feet, strong hands, above average size. Good route runner.

I see Olave in the Lockett, but with a little less juice mold

J Williams- I can’t pet him

Bottom line we need a speed threat and reliable big body. You saw what happened to our offense with Goff settled in, DC calling plays, and Brown and Reynolds at WR…

Imagine all of them plus Ragnow, Hock, G Wilson, and Bell…

1 Like

London is a lot stronger than A.J. Green. He’s not the separator that a young Green was though.

I have a feeling that Brad is going to love Metchie. Tough as nails, great teammate, sticky hands, physical in the run game. Good enough athlete presuming he comes all the way back from the ACL tear. If he’s available with the comp. 3rd I think that would be a coup.

1 Like

I actually think this is a good comp. I’d say Wilson is better at the 50-50 ball but Adams is more crisp in his routes.

I have Wilson as my top WR as well but not really seeing the Adams comp. My main concern with Wilson is that he might get bullied at the line and during his routes. I’m not generally that worried about it because he has the quicks and body control to handle it overall, but there will be times he gets washed out of plays.

Adams, on the other hand, never gets bullied. Generally he is the bully.

Wondering what makes you feel this way Natty?

1 Like

Mel Kiper compared Drake London favorably with Mike Evans. I can see it, but the fear for me would be he isn’t Mike Evans but somebody like Devin Funchess.

London doesn’t look as fast as Funchess. Probably better ball skills though.

My current thinking - and this is more a combination of who I think might be available to the Lions and where I’d like them to fall. Don’t pretend to be an expert - so feel free to disagree …

Round 1: Treylon Burks - Watching the 49ers pound the ball against the Cowboys they looked like a grown-up football team playing the style of football you can imagine the Lions might be able to aspire towards. As Tony Romo said - no QB wants to play against a team that can rush the passer with 4 and who has a good O-line that drains the clock. The other thing the 49ers have is Deebo Samuel and Burks is the closest thing in this draft for me in how he combines WR1 perimeter potential with hard running gadget qualities. Can’t see him being available for the Rams pick in all honesty. But if he’s there, it’s going to take a very good defensive player for me to think they shouldn’t take him.

Round 2: George Pickens. Obviously the injury is a risk (although he’s at the start of his comeback rather than just beginning rehabilitation like Metchie and Williams). But Pickens has genuine alpha receiver potential and a nasty streak. I can actually see him being available at the top of the 2nd. Again, it depends on priorities and I kind of prefer the idea of loading up on defense with the opening 3 picks, but I’m personally leaning towards Pickens ahead of the likes of Dotson and Bell who are in the same tier I think.

Round 3: Jalen Tolbert. Not sure he’ll last till round 3 although this class is deep. He’s big, quick and talented enough to represent a significant upgrade. Best case scenario he turns into the WR1, if not, he’s a very good WR2.

Anzalone leaving.
Knowing that Barnes is still learning and developing (I don’t think they trust him yet)
Feeling that JRM is a little older and still an important guy on ST (suggests depth player, long term)

All of these tings, but mostly intuition (really don’t know why?)

If Atlanta offers the following for pick #2 would you do it?

#8, Calvin Ridley and their 3rd, 4th and 5th rounders

I wouldn’t, but then I was never the biggest Ridley fan even before his issues. Plus he’s a lot older than you think, turns 28 during the 2022 season.

On that move i would need a medical an some kinda mental done an a long talk with Ridley to even consider it.

Right now there are few with second rd one pick i like. Watch out for Lions to take a burner who is at senior bowl also later.

they have two they will get good close up read on …Jalen Tolbert big speed guy but one i really would look at as return guy an speed guy Calvin AustinIII he is a rd 4 likely pick he is small but with pro workouts an adjustments he is a returner an gives a speed threat. If Raymond asks for to much this guy could fill his spot.
The Lions have him at senior bowl so should get long look.

1 Like

Yikes…Funchess wasn’t fast…London is slower than that ?

Blergh.

Atlanta is in prime position tp take Wilson to replace Ridley…why not trade Ridley separately, take Wilson, get a late 1st for Ridley… badaboom, badabing.

Mark my words drake London is the second coming of Nkeal Harry. Big Body, good on contested catches, and good blocker. But can’t get any separation and is therefore an ineffective receiver.

Bc they badly need pass rushers.

Funchess ran a 4.48 at his pro day. London looks slower to me.

Funchess also ran 4.7 at the Indy combine…