Levi done for season. Back surgery

Per Campbell at his presser today.

Makes me wonder why it took so long to have surgery? Regardless I don’t see him ever being productive for this team.

7 Likes

Yea I wondered the same. Back surgeries are often risky though, so perhaps why they were hesitant, but he clearly couldn’t get healthy so maybe, just maybe surgery helps in the long run. If not, time to retire.

2 Likes

You mean he’s not retired ?

Joe Trohman Question GIF by Fall Out Boy

7 Likes

stephen colbert GIF by Obama

5 Likes

Injury Settlement

clap clap clap-clap-clap

Injury Settlement

clap clap clap-clap-clap

5 Likes

I was just thinking…GEE we need more injuries or more players gone for the season…that’ll help !

I found a pick of Levi on the day Brad, smartest guy in the room, drafted him

2 Likes

At least Dorsey talked him out of trading up for him! It could have been much worse!

12 Likes

He had the injury red flags coming out of college. It was a huge risk for the 2nd round, and it came back to bite Brad Holmes.

Too bad, because that’s the type of risk you take with a good roster, not a dumpster fire. Just not a smart move.

And he had to be talked out of trading up into the 1st round for him!

3 Likes

That’s what I think. They tried to heal it without surgery. That obviously didn’t work. Now at least you have a decent chance he can get healthy.

4 Likes

All the more reason to hire an experienced gm. Something the fords have never learned. I wonder how many rookie coach and gm combos we’ve had in franchise history compared to other teams. I’ll bet it isn’t even close.

2 Likes

GM’s for sure. We at least hired Caldwell at one point, who coached in a super bowl. Same with Bobby Ross, coached in a super bowl. Have we ever hired a veteran GM who has had previous success building a winner!?

2 Likes

What’s the surgery involve?

happy season 4 GIF

2 Likes

Another 2d Round bust. SOL

They have to find a heart

Honestly not shocking

what was weird though is in pre-season, there were reports that it was looking like he could be back sooner rather than later

back injuries are an absolute bitch, especially at his weight

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything reported, but I’m hedging my bet on a SI Joint Dysfunction. It isn’t a true structure issue that can cause paralysis or anything like that, but can cause a lot of discomfort and referred pain. It’s treatable with therapy, but is likely to come back over time.
If so, it might be he reason why the medical team passed him with minimal concern. They can do a fusion of the SI joint, but it can fail to fix the pain and can possibly lead to other issues (yay!). Levi might be looking at it as his last hoorah.

Again, just basing it on some of the other things I’ve read, but nothing definitive.

3 Likes