Levi Onwuzurike still dealing with a back injury

Put him on IR and sign the best big NT type we can as soon as possible.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Too bad it’s not much of an actual update

If Levi was close to returning, Coach Campbell would probably say that. Not looking good to me.
For example, he said Cephus wouldn’t be out long and he was back at practice today.

1 Like

I can’t help but wonder if he should have had surgery last year.

If so, this wouldn’t be the 1st time the Lions have done this with a player (avoided surgery “now” only to still need it later/next season).

Sucks. Hopefully, this is not the case.

Is it strange that nothing has been leaked about what the actual injury is? It’s really odd. To have an injury that you can play with but struggle to get in a stance or sit in a chair. It’s almost like a Chinese riddle. :thinking:

3 Likes

Yes, i think it’s strange.

No, i don’t think it’s strange behavior from a football team, especially the lions.

This regime is infinitely more transparent than previous ones, but it’s still quite normal for teams to be protective of such information.

As someone who has had 2 back surgeries by 37 I’m thinking it’s bulging or hernited disk.Which is not good it can go away somewhat but never completely and flares up with just the most random twist or bending motion.I hope I’m wrong but this looks like another 2nd Rd bust

4 Likes

Same thoughts until proven otherwise

1 Like

Hopefully it’s not that, but being a 300 pound dude with back problems at a young age, I believe he’s 23 or 24 does not sound good long term. Although, Gronk has had many back problems over the years and still managed to have a long career. He came back from a herniated disk in college.

2 Likes

I’m smelling “typical Lions 2nd round pick” with a strong side order of Here We Go Again.

PS, I’m still on the trade away all 2nd round picks train.

1 Like

Even if that were the case I still feel their a quality run stuffer away.

I feel like we’re two DT’s shy of a quality rotation.

1 Like

Especially with Levi looking to be out to start the season. Are we really going to start the season with Alim, Brockers, Buggs and Cornell!?

1 Like

hes too frail episode 1 GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

Kinda funny that Conor said that and then his own leg snapped.

2 Likes

I see IR and a free agent signing. Eventually cut or injury settlement. I have no evidence. Just a feeling.

1 Like

Looks that way. Yikes!

Don’t know but it sure reminded me of Ole Levi. He gets pushed around pretty easy and it’s starting to look like the frail part is real too.

I actually feel for the guy. Back problems at a young age, that sucks. He didn’t draft himself. Very curious about his medical coming out of college. Was that flagged by any teams!? Makes me wonder.

1 Like

Weasels draft advice to Holmes

STOP TAKING THE LAME TACKLES!!

3 Likes

Diaz would kick his ass in the parking lot for free every Friday night…and I love that.
McG is fantastic at cutting weight, and he’s always fighting much smaller dudes. Khabib took it to him, so did Nate.

d

2 Likes