Linebacker corps

Lets Go Yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

1 Like

Lol…so you’re saying it’s a problem.

1 Like

I like Hall he can move along line DE or DT

You’re far more optimistic than I am my friend. Dudes like almost 30 years old now and has never been a good linebacker. I still remember looking at screenshots of him with his back turned to where the play was headed. As far as football intelligence, he was one of the dumbest linebackers we’ve ever had

1 Like

They’re happy with the entire team. That’s why they brought everyone back.

Clearly we’re hoping the team improves through coaching, prayers, hopes, and luck.

1 Like

LOL - I COMPLETELY agree with that.
…then…you put him in Patricia’s system → Grand Cardone would love the 10x factor, if it weren’t gong the wrong way.

I’m guessing he’s a bandaid. Best case may be a 3-4 year bandaid, where more likely scenario is a one year bandaid.

…and health, possibly? LOL

2 Likes

I like y the bus thread. Here is what I see right now at LBer:

Elephant/Will is Charles Harris backed up by Jarrad Davis. Honestly I can live with that.

At SAM (Strong Side) LBer I see Derrick Barnes. Backed up by Julian Okwara.

Off ball looks to me like starters Chris Board and Alex Alzalone backed up by Shaun Dion Hamilton and Josh Woods.

Barnes is a question to me. Where does he play?

Overall that looks about right. Board is getting more guaranteed $ than Davis so he likely sticks.

I am pretty happy with Harris/Davis if they try Jarrad there as a back up Will LBer and special team player.

I am willing to see Board play a I can see this pick and the CB as the best Lion free agents signings of 2022.

At this point a rookie isn’t beating out experienced Charles Harris. I think it safe to say you have to be really good as a rookie to beat out Anzalone too. Alex now knows this defense.

Am I right that Barnes plays SAM? If so the staff love this kid and Derrick us gonna play somewhere.

I honestly think DT and change were our enemies in 2021. We started two rookie DTs!! Alim got better but lust for me the LBers who would look good with two rookie DTs in front of him?

Barnes was also a rookie and Alex had never played this defense in Detroit before.

I think DT is a bigger need than most think. My best guess is we go DT with the Rams pick as we need better DT play. Alim is going to be good and I believe in Levi but we need a better DT rotation anyway.

I also think strong side safety was HORRIFIC in 2021. Worse than DT or LBer.

Get better on the DL, get better at safety and evaluate LBer every puck to try to get crazy value there. Like CB Iffy in 2021.

If Barnes takes a serious step up and if Biard has game I can see this group being much better yhan expected.

I would look to add an off-ball LBer. Go big or wait until late rd. 3. Lloyd competing with Anzalone and Board would make me very happy, ESP. if we we draft a LBer steal in rd. 2.

If prayers were heard by a sentient being, he/she hates the Lions for some reason

1 Like

LOL - That has been the past…also, what ownership has earned in the past.
Sheila, Brad, and Dan are turning that around dramatically. Feels way better now.

every single thing, from officials, league office, football gods, streaking coaches, pizza accidents, leaf raking accidents, volleyball accidents, and more…karma has been against us.

I think it’s finally our time. Holy ■■■■ it’s been a long wait…

1 Like

It’s gotta be smoke.

I would assume this would be Romeo at SAM and Harris at WILL with Julian spelling both. To be honest, I’ll be interested in seeing where everyone ends up because it feels like they can go with a bunch of looks.

3 Likes

That is how I see it too. I don’t know how it will shake out.

Better LBers would have led to better defensive results BUT…how much better with two rookie starting tackles and a shitty SS safety?

If we add Thins or Hutch, a solid DT/DE at #32, a safety in rd 2…the Lions can grab value at LBer or WR in rd. 3.

Say the Lions draft Thibs (the best scheme fit for my $). To me we can move Thibs, Charles Zharris and Julian Okwara all over. That will be fun to watch.

That means Barnes, Alex Anzalone, Board. Jarrad Davis (who may be a special teamer if he makes the roster at all) and Josh are fighting for inside minutes maybe.

If we add a solid DT/DE guy that is a LOT of looks without adding an off ball LBer at all.

There are things to like there. I think most are worried about inside LBer overall. And I feel the same way.

1 Like

I second this.

We don’t need a LB corp. low value position. That’s what one of the “geniuses” on this board said

You also don’t need safeties is what I hear.

1 Like

Who needs linebackers when we got Jack “Freaking” Fox!!! He can do anything. Don’t be surprised he’s our leading tackler next year.

2 Likes

If we had 4 Jack Foxes LB and punter would be set!

2 Likes

If fox gets an expanded role, they’d better beef up the medical staff for opponents as well as bring extra paramedics to games.

2 Likes

And backup QB! Clone that man asap!

1 Like

Instead of the office linebacker, we got the office Punter!!!

wayward pines discussion GIF

2 Likes