Lions 2019 rewatch: Chargers vs. Lions Week 2 notebook

2 Likes

They were also missing half of their team.

1 Like

This was true of the Philadelphia game as well

1 Like

Meh. Take wins anyway you can get them. We’ve had more then our share of games we should’ve won, only to “Lions” the finish. Hell, we clearly outplayed GB 3 weeks later, only to get (not deserve) an L.
Chargers messed up over and over, we capitalized. It’s competitive sports.

1 Like

This is true. However, for folks that think we would have won 8+ games last year had Stafford not gone down, it’s a weak myth because we very easily could have lost to AZ when MS gifted a walk off pick-6 and the dude dropped it. We should have lost against Chargers and Philly. Yes, we should have beaten GB, but our fake leaders chose to accept the b.s. calls and there ya have it. A team that could very well have been 1-7. And folks here are acting like MS was going to lead the team to a a great record in the 2nd half of the season.

I don’t think they were going to win 8+ games last season even with Matt.
Simply because the defense was so decimated by injury.
That shaft job in GB was costly in the division.
Then the loss to MN just about put them out of contention for the division title and barely in the wildcard race. Keep in mind the defense is not recovering.
Then Oakland pushes the around like they are playing second and third stringers. Oh, yeah they were.
So Stafford got hurt, they pulled him and decided to tank.
Maybe if the GB game ended as a win they would have been 4-3-1 and a 2 game swing in the division they do it different and play Matt, but that wasn’t the case.
So a lot of fans rooted for the tank and now bitch about only 3 wins.
Here’s a link to the defensive injuries. And this doesn’t include that Snacks and Danials were so out of shape to start that they couldn’t play 3 quarters.
But look at the snap counts and games missed by defensive payers.
The D will be a lot better this year.

that’s asinine argument to me. i could just as easily argue they easily have beaten the cardinals. and while you’re saying they should have lost to philly and the chargers because of mistakes the team made. they also should have beaten the chiefs and a host of other games they lost by one score because of mistakes the lions made. if you want to choose to look for reasons the lions should have lost but didn’t that’s your right. i’m just curious what you would have liked our “fake leaders” to do about the calls in the green bay game? what’s your argument that a healthy stafford couldn’t have gotten them to 8-8? or close to it. who on the schedule last year did we lose to that we couldn’t have beaten with a healthy qb?