Tier 2- Carleton Davis, Marcus Davenport, Kevin Zeitler
Tier 2b - Iffy & Barnes

Tier 3 - Donvoan Peoples Jones, Emmanuel Moseley

Tier 4- Cominsky & Levi O

Tier 5- Everybody else

3 Likes

I think we’ll be bumping Iffy way up that list

7 Likes

Goff will be off this list very shortly. If he’s not, this might be one of those rare times I call the Lions fools.

2 Likes

I’d like to see us get Alim an extension because if he has the season I think he will he is going to become very expensive.

5 Likes

Potential Compensatory picks
Goff/Taylor 3rd’s
McNeil/Davis - 4ths
Iffy/Barnes - 5ths
Davenport/Zeitler/Moseley - 6th’s
Cominsky/Levi/DPJ - 7ths

@jman :point_down: :point_down: :point_down:

Dog GIF by ViralHog

1 Like

Its why we play the games see who warrants a deal . We lost some this off season an we will lose some next off season. We lost are two opening day OGs this off season, we have one CB Branch who started last season. Does that not tell you just how bad last seasons secondary was?
We lost two of are rotating starting DTs Jones an Buggs an we lost 3 edge Harris an the brothers.

Thats 5 off the DL not grading them just saying they are gone. A LB left as well as a WR an are backup QB.

2 Likes

I think from the 53 we had to start 2023 season 18 are not around this roster right now. Your tier shows possible but we will lose some an add some again before the draft in 2025 an we will added couple before the 2024 season starts.

Nervous Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

This is why I don’t understand trading a 2025 3rd for a developmental tackle, by the way.

To develop the replacement starting this year instead of next year?

6 Likes

How many games did the rd 3 players in the 2023 draft play? In case you forgot the two were Hendon Hooker an Brodric Martin They never played much but this season right now one is are backup QB an the other is likely are #3 DT an the DT behind Reader who we signed as FA for two years a stud. Now we don’t know the rd 3 picks we used this year will turn out but we did add a starting CB with a trade. We also used one to get a stud OT. Would you say the two were wasted in 2023 ? they never gave us anything. Now this year we expect something the same idea applies this season we used one to get a CB starter an another on a future we hope stud. I am not a favour of using pick 1 or 2 but after that sure why not .
I know in many past years we needed many many draft picks with roster Brad has aquired we are not in big need every draft

1 Like

Goff - 50M AAV extension any day.

DPJ - Meh bye

Decker - well see how the season plays out and what you want. But im not paying him $20+m aav
Hopefully Manu can develop to play RT.

Zeitler - too old to continue. Hope Sorsdal is ready

Comish? - needs to step up or he gone

Davenport - well see red

McNiel - DTs are getting 30m+ now, i think they hope Wingo turns out to be a good replacement

Levi - BYE

Barns - Depends what he wants. And if Jack Steps up.

Davis - Arnold is your replacement

Moseley - Rakestraw

iffy - i think can be had for a good deal

Dorsey - ok special teamer… might not make the 53 man this year

The only one out side of Goff i can see for sure getting a deal is Iffy because it wont be expensive. And hes versatile.

Every one else? Have to let the season play out because they are EXPENSIVE and theres some young cheap players behind that could develop

Im not ready to write Zeitler off this quick, might get another year out of him on a low cost deal.

4 Likes

Right, guys like Zeitler, Barns, or Davenport. It all depends

1 How they perform this year
2 how much they want.

Let it play out. But if i were to place a bet on extension or release im leaning release

1 Like

As long as Goff is on the roster I really don’t want to see Hooker playing. Unless Goff takes a complete nose dive but I don’t see that happening.

2 Likes

Agreed. Since Thanksgiving 2021 Goff is a top 10 QB in the NFL. Arguably top 5 statistically. There is absolutely no reason why you wouldn’t want him as the QB. Unless you simply think hes not flashy enough. Which is a dumb reason. Ill take stats and wins over flashy any day

2 Likes

The Pats just made it more difficult by signing Christian Barmore - who to me is in the same tier as Alim - to a $23M/year contract (at least on paper, though maybe when you dig into it the number’s not quite so high).

Look at the DTs that got paid at the start of FA.

Chris Jones $32aav
Mudubuike $22aav
Wilkins $28aav
Leo Williams $22aav
Barmore $23aav
Buckner $23aav

Hes gonna want/deserve 25-30m EASY

1 Like

Step 1 - Win Super Bowl
Step 2 - Attend Parade
Step 3 - Give Goff a Blank Check
Step 4 - Build a Dan Campbell hugging Brad Holmes Statue