Lions - America’s New Team?

I came across this video and thought it was worth sharing. I hadn’t seen it posted before so my apologies if this is a duplicate.

When Dan recognizes the kids at practice who have cancer and encouraged the players to go over and talk to them and sign autographs…I have to say I got a lump in my throat. We have the best damn coach and human in the league.

4 Likes

Part of me has wondered how much of our traveling fans have been other teams fans making the Lions their second team. I know we have been desperate for winners but it is just amazing to me how many Lions fans are at other teams Stadiums. It is just damn impressive every week seeing the sea of blue out there and being able to hear the chants. You know its got to pump up the team even more.

4 Likes

I think you are right, some of that is going on. But also remember, Detroit has probably lost the most residents over the last few decades than any other city. So there are many people originally from Detroit who are now elsewhere…they didn’t necessarily have to travel far.

5 Likes

Not just Detroit, but Michigan as a whole. I think displaced Michiganders are the biggest contingent of these away crowds, followed by travelers, with bandwagoneers last.

Just look at the jerseys. Not many bandwagon fans are going to be sporting a Stafford jersey, let alone the Roy Williams or Charlie Batch jerseys you’ll see in the mix.

2 Likes

It’s been a crazy ride over these last 2.5 years

• Hire Dan Campbell - no one saw this hire coming. This guy has never been a coordinator.
  • Knee-cap press conference - Hey NFL, this is Dan Campbell, our new Head Coach
  • Hire Brad Holmes - Who?
  • Trade away franchise QB for Goff?! Oh boy…here we go
  • Draft a Tackle in the top 10 - Yawn…
  • start 0-10-1 - Same Ol’ Lions
  • finish 3-3 - a small shot of blue Kool-Aid
  • Trade up for Jamo! - The Villain strikes on draft day!
  • Hard Knocks Lions - Dan Campbell elevates to NFL stardom
  • 1-6 start - Campbell on the hot seat? Sheila quickly stomps that idea out with unwavering support.
  • Lions finish 2022 with 8 wins in 10 games - NFL is put on notice, these Lions have big, sharp teeth.
  • Take down the Champs opening night - sea of blue, in Arrowhead, witnessed by the entire NFL world
  • 7-2 First place - We are legitimate SB contenders and in contention for the #1 seed

The iron is real hot right now

Fans love the underdog story, and the Lions Franchise checks all the boxes for a perfect underdog story.

1 Like

Smell that? Its rare air.

Thank goodness. At first I thought I crapped myself. Oh wait…both things can be true.

1 Like

That makes a ton of sense. I completely forgot about how Detroit was hemorrhaging population. Good call and never even thought about that.

1 Like

Lets see what happens when we play Dallas in Dallas…too many memories of refs screwing Lions.

forgot one - extended jack fox

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.