Lions Among Four Teams Showing Interest In John Johnson

I didn’t see where they are on the cap after the most recent cuts, but they have Williams to shave off, possibly Shelton as well, and a possible Goff restructure and/or Flowers restructure.

Goff I don’t think they even can restructure until the 17th, but I assume that is locked and loaded.

The most recent cuts cleared $20M in space…so I guess I will dig a little more to find @DeadStroke Deadstroke’s cap estimate after the cuts…

EDIT- He posted after the Coleman/James cuts that we are $9.7 under the cap, more if they are designated June 1 cuts.

I assume ROkwara will eat half or more of that $10M and the rookies the rest, so yeah, I think we see 1-2 restructures and a couple more cuts to get “their guys”

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Levy is married bro, so that’s a non-factor. :wink:

Note taken - you’re probably right about that.
Still think Ansah was super-important. He really helped mix things up, even as a rook. He had great instincts, and eventually…poor health…Damn it!!!

I have no clue. This is a holiday for me. So far has been boring.

1 Like

If Spotrac is in the right neighborhood, Johnson would cost around $8.3M per year, which based upon last year’s OTC cancellation chart, would put him in the 5th Rd pick range.

Agree, but would like to add - we’re not getting all of that in one year. We have a better visual on what the O actually looks like, hence better know how/waht to add to it.

The D was in shambles on schematics alone. Let’s get some easy-to-see upgrades, then see what it looks like when we have an executable scheme in place.

I just dont’ think we’re gonna amply fill all of the holes in one year. I get why ppl want to fix the D, but if we do that, is Goff getting a fair shake? How do we know if we should keep him or not, if we can’t give him a fair evaluation?

1 Like

Pretty sure golladay alone will cancel that out

He’s getting more than 8.3m

1 Like

Still hoping there’s an ice cubes chance in Hades that KG comes back, but have my doubts. This appears to be a total rebuild. Guessing we will Bring in moves that either make sense for the future, or low priced bandaids.

Yeah I just don’t see him coming back. There’s a few teams that have tons of cap space that’ll overpay for him and he doesn’t seem like the type of guy to take a discount to stay here.

1 Like

If Jarrad Davis gets $7M, that would be enough to cancel out Johnson.

If Johnson is lower than the 95% we will keep our 3rd as long as Marvin or Davis get a compensatory pick level offer. The only time you go up a round to cancel out a pick is if there are no other rounds to cancel out.

1 Like

So much for the whole Tanking thing.

1 Like

No nfl team should ever tank before FA period starts. Unfortunately for us we have more shit then money. Okwara is nice having back, but I prefer another player over him with that price.

7 Likes

Did I say it’s nice having him back. I’m sure most here loved the signing of Flowers too. I like Okwara and happy he is back.

To be honest I was surprised he ranked that highly. I knew he had a great year but didn’t realize that he was elite in certain regards.

It was an impressive 2020 for him on a horrible defense. Let’s hope he’s got even more entering his prime.

Just don’t want a one hit wonder.

Thank you!!! This makes all the sense in the world. Let’s go BH!!!

BH???