Boom!

2 Likes

Cousins?

I don’t know, I looked at Over the Cap.

Stafford’s cap hit is $29.5M in 2019
Cousins’ cap hit is $29.0M in 2019

Stafford’s cap hit is $31.5M in 2020
Cousins cap hit is $31.0M in 2020.

It’s pretty close, but Stafford’s is bigger.

OK, now tell me you think that paying Cousins that money was a good deal for the Vikiings. They did win the division, didn’t they? And who could forget how well Cousins played in the Divisional playoff game? Totally worth all that money.

1 Like

Beeep

They’re both too big, actually.

1 Like

Maybe that’s why the Lions fired their cap guy.

1 Like

Stafford’s contract was written so that we could take bigger hits in first 3 years so that at the end of the contract we can use the Franchise tag to extend if necessary. It’s also written so that we can get out of it in 2020 if we needed to. Trading in 2020 would be financially beneficial for both Lions and trade partner.

This year too soon. We’d actually lose $500K of cap space if we were to trade him. Next year, we save like $11.5M in cap space and the trade partner gets him for like $21M a year for 3 years.

Stafford should be treating this year as a contract year, if he’s smart.

Taking a QB high this year allows us to have that kind of flexibility.

And if Stafford elevates his game to elite? Then we keep him and trade the young guy (or keep him as an insurance policy for Stafford in case of injury). Note A. Rodgers. How many years before he played? He didn’t get the start until his 4th year. I’d love to see us do something like that.

2 Likes

I feel like Matt is better than you guys think. I remember when Packers had a down year, and their OL looked as bad as ours. Under the same set of conditions, Rodgers looked worse than Matt.

I think Matt is a top tier QB, and do realize that lots of ppl just have different definitions of what that means. I feel like #9 is easily in the top 1/3 of NFL starters, and honestly higher than that. That means 2/3 or more of the teams have QBs worse than ours.

I trust Quinn, so far. I trust him more than I trust me, or any of you dudes. I have faith that we’ll see our boys get this thing done in our lifetime (SB). Quinn has been very solid, right now, and our HC is a brilliant defensive mind that helps groups outperform their level of actual talent, as a unit.

If the new OC clicks, we may win more games than anyone thinks. To be determined.

I definitely vote for keeping Stafford for the foreseeable future though. I like him a lot.

2 Likes

Which year was that? Because I look at his stats and he looks to be pretty productive when he’s not injured and out of the game. Are you sure you’re not remembering Hundley?

Me and you both. No real run game during his career in Detroit.
Last year a hint of a run game.
Can’t wait to see what other RB we sign or draft.
Just watch what we do with Bevell. This is gonna be fun. Real fun.

1 Like

Gee, has Matt ever played hurt?

Probably. But there were those using his finger as an excuse one year. Yet I found stretches where he was making throws just fine with the same finger injury. Kind of in the same inconsistent fashion he’s been demonstrating since he got here.

If you’re going to assert an injury, then it’s your burden to say how exactly that’s affecting him. It’s not a blanket excuse.

Besides, I meant to say “injury was the reason Rodgers wasn’t in the game” not that he played poorly injured.

Again, what year are you looking at so I don’t have to guess and look at his entire career. It’s gross to be looking at GB stats.

Vikes won the Division? I thought they missed the playoffs.

You might want to change the battery in your sarcasm detector…

One more try. Football is a team sport. It takes 11 guys (healthy) on the field. If you’re then Lions, it has to be the first team because, we’ve had no depth. You you start losing you top skill guys, you need a “next guy up”. Chris Durham for Calvin Johnson, ain’t gonna cut it. It don’t even matter who backed up Best.
Who was the slot before Tate? Who was the slot after?
Tate’s gone. Marv’s injured…but hey, we have Galloday. By himself. No TE. No #2 WR. No Slot.
Down goes KJ, and the league has no respect for any QB in that situation, and why should they?
Now, let’s talk about Lang’s replacement?
Gee, I just can’t figure out why Matt could only beat this years Super Bowl winner in the regular season, but, couldn’t overcome all of that latter in the season.
Yeah, that’s a real head scratcher.
He flat out sucked the Jets game, but, the Jets said they had the playbook. Of course, Cooter wasn’t a problem.
No, Matt sucks!

1 Like

Hmm, who’s the dumbass that stated the Vikes won the division?

Rodgers worst year since his sophomore outing in 2007 was in 2015. It was the year Jordy Nelson tore his ACL in preseason and Adams had not yet hit his stride. But Rodgers stil finished with a 92.7 QBR, 31 TDs to 8 INTs and almost 4,000 yards

Rodgers gets to play against the Detroit and Chicago defenses four times a year. That inflates his stats. Rodgers is pad Statford on steroids. QB’s with the ability to play in the NFC North against Detroit should have to give back 25% of their stats.

I was being sarcastic… They didn’t even get to the playoffs with Cousins. I’m saying that the Vikings ALSO overpaid for QB and they so far have no returns for it. Just like us.

The Bears, with a QB on a rookie contract, won the division.

Aaron Rodgers is also sucking cap space like crazy. They also didn’t win the division.

You think that having a cheaper QB that can perform and the Bears winning the division is just a coincidence?

I don’t see the answer to my question anywhere in there. Did I miss that?

You just go on regurgitating all the old Stafford excuses.

And now you give credit to Stafford for the win against NE? Yeah, never mind the defense (who held them to 10 and only 12 first downs). Never mind KJ who got 100yds rushing or Blount with his 48. It was Stafford’s glorious 260yd passing day that carried all those losers… (all the credit when we win; none of the blame when we lose) And never mind the interception by Stafford that resulted in the short field that allowed NE’s TD.

Poor Stafford, never ever ever had any support at all. Remember that time CJ had dislocated fingers!!! (Never mind that Stafford’s fastball only game was probably the cause)

I’ll debate with you, but in order for me to answer your questions (although the appear mostly rhetorical) you have to answer mine, especially when they’re a request for clarification of one of your assertions.

Thank you.

Oh, but, it’s okay to pin loses on him that are due to a depleted team around him.
Dude, I haven’t seen you ask a question, yet! Did I miss something?

1 Like