Lions announce Darrell Bevell as OC

Can you show me where I pinned a loss on him? And what specific assertion have I made you think is either false or incorrect?

I try pretty hard to isolate what HE did as opposed to the team. Not as hard as some people try to minimize his contribution to losses, IMO, but I do it. I’m happy to acknowledge what he had or didn’t have to work with. What I refuse to do is lie about the facts. I’m happy ANY TIME to go to the specifics of any game and dig in.

My question “Again, what year are you looking at so I don’t have to guess and look at his entire career. It’s gross to be looking at GB stats.” About Rodgers. You said he had bad years, I’d love to know which one of his years you consider “bad”. You even quoted it in your last excuse tirade.

Bingo!

1 Like

Ok, then, we can stop accusing me of blaming him for the losses…

1 Like

I don’t understand why you blame him for the losses anyway. It is a team game.

Right, but are you a guy who is also dogging on people who give credit to Stafford for the wins? Like, say, Comeback Wins? Am I wrong to say those are also team wins? I mean, someone blocked. Someone caught the ball and ran the YACs…

Generally, it is a team sport and all the team contributes one way or the other.

At some point, though, you can look at whose performance caused the loss. Offense, defense, special teams.

Suppose the kicker misses 4 of 4 FG attempts. Do you blame the kicker? I sure as hell do. Or say the QB throws 4 INTs with 2 pick 6’s. Why exactly wouldn’t you blame the QB for a loss when they throw 4 INTs with 2 pick 6’s?

Most games aren’t that clear. But some are.

Well, that wasn’t as easy last year! Look at his stats.

Yes but extrapolate those games over his career, and don’t forget untilmrecently, Minnesota was horrible, too, add in the leaugue’s obvious bias and then you understand why Rodgers is a fraud.

2 Likes

We’re totally on the same page, except, I think “fraud” is a bit strong.
The “hype” train doesn’t look at reason.

1 Like

I’ve noticed…

Stats are not reason, and say anything you want them to say.
I could say, “Slay never gets burned because he never gets targeted”, and the stats would back it up!
Of course, any sane man would say I’m stoned.

1 Like

Slow starts? Ouch…Don’t want to see that again.

3 Likes

Someone could respond to your Slay argument by saying “They never target him because it’s dangerous to target him. Go for the low hanging fruit instead.”

But, what do the stats say?

How are the players adjusting to the Bevell offense? How has Bevell adjusted his offense to fit this roster? — @DDReese2

Players appear to be adjusting fine, despite the vanilla showing in Week 1. As far as how has Bevell adjusted his offense, that’s a difficult question to answer because we haven’t seen him actually run an offense in a year and a half. That being said, his offense does appear to have more wrinkles in it than the ones we saw him call in Seattle and Minnesota. He spent his year away from coaching studying offenses and it’s fair to say he has a few more tricks in his playbook.

1 Like