Lions better be on the phone right now

Here’s the link for the interview and some context for why we didn’t see him in college kicking FGs.

2 Likes

Let’s shave this MFr’s head and sign him up

@Longinthetooth → thank you for the link, you handsome freak of nature!

…feels like there are 3 really good ones available, so we should be able to snag a stud in late rounds. The football gods are smiling upon us almost always these days.

3 Likes

Other teams interested too.

4 Likes

He also seemed like a really good kid. Humble.

I’ll be watching some Panther games, I guess. The only thing he really has left to prove is that he can be consistently accurate.

3 Likes

Exactly…monster leg but consistency is vital for kickers. Would love to have him in camp.

3 Likes

The reason why he didnt get a chance in college according to the Video.

When he was at Texas St, Seth Keller set school records for accuracy. He transferred to Kansas last year. Looks like he is staying there for a 5th year.

Then Bates transferred to Arkansas. Was beaten out by Cam Little, #1 Kicker prospect in this years draft.

So he literally just never had an opportunity.

4 Likes

The Office Thats GIF

Tucker utilized an extra “hop step” for gis 66-yarder…
and still hit the cross bar.

Bates had room to spare. :eyes:

1 Like

Young fellas out there find yourself a girl that loves u like big natty loves jack fox!

1 Like

The other guys must have kicked three 64 yard field goals. Jk

He had opportunities in college, he just never won the kicking competition. Which tells us there’s at least two better prospects, right?

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

2 Likes

Would you say that Bates needs to “Master” the consistency?

Black Sheep (8/10) Movie CLIP - Jack MeHoff (1996) HD on Make a GIF

Angry Chris Farley GIF

1 Like

chris farley my post GIF

1 Like

Hit a 62 yarder earlier. Unreal.

https://twitter.com/TheUFL/status/1777031197182636128?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

2 Likes

This is just a funny combination of words.

Men Tore Rodman sounds about right.

The Legend grows!
Dude will be shaving his head before long…

Signing with us is a no brainer. Major hole at kicker, legit top 8 NFL team, and he already kicks at our home field.

3 Likes

He’s from Houston and spent his college years in the south, he could prefer that part of the country. Thankfully it doesn’t seem like too many teams from the area need kickers. Maybe New Orleans. I always look at where players are from when they can decide where to go on their own.