Lions better be on the phone right now

with kicker Jake Bates agent.
2- 64 yard field goals in a row. Unreal.

6 Likes

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

oh, and those were his first kicks since high school.

2 Likes

Ford field legend

1 Like

I wonder how much of the FO and coaching staff were watching the game? I cant imagine there isnt someone there scouting.

2 Likes

We should be pretty appealing to FA kickers, since ours suck.

7 Likes

I’d assume the Lions aren’t the only team already placing a call to his agent.

1 Like

He wants to keep kicking at the stadium where he makes consecutive 64 yarders.

If he keeps that up, it’ll be a much different patch on his jersey that he’ll be wearing later this year.

2 Likes

Crazy!

That kid is going to get an NFL contract with a leg like that.

3 Likes

and it just so happens he plays in the Lions house. He isn’t going to be in the UFL for long.

2 Likes

Nope …. It would be a shame if Brad didn’t give that kid a contract.

5 Likes

And they said one of the reasons they merged was to kind of try and turn it into a farm system for the NFL. Well, congrats, there’s your first call up.

6 Likes

Would have been the 3rd longest FG in NFL history.

I don’t think so. Dan enjoys the caffeine fueled rush of going for it on 4th down too much to allow the team to do this. Sucky Kickers are a plausible excuse for doing what he loves. :laughing:

Watch Out Cat GIF by Luis Ricardo

Big D has learned from his mistakes.
A good kicker can change a whole season.
We need a kicker.
Kenny Rodgers said it best. "You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em.

2 Likes

It was a great game and the atmosphere was awesome. I was thinking the same thing about the kicker. Guy was nailing them consistently before the game and during 1/2 time warm ups as well.

The wife and I are stopped at Bagger Dave’s in Birchrun and I jumped on here to talk about that kicker lol.

4 Likes

Devils Advocate. As an opposing coach, how much more afraid are you that he can pull out a 4th and 7 on your ass OR drop one from 60 yards.

1 Like

Isn’t there a rule where a guy has to enter the draft before signing with a team? Or is there a loophole for guys from other leagues like the rugby players coming over?

He could be on the Lions tomorrow.

3 Likes