Lions' coaches taking criticism for Senior Bowl practices

ho gives a f*ck about weight , about cussing , …what matters is winning? (notice the question mark ?)
I ask because when we win 3 to 6 games a season there is WW III of bitching AND when someone says 9 or 10 wins isn’t an improvement or a ‘turn around’ , your bitching because we won more !? there is NO making this fan base satisfied ! The last 2or3 seasons I have set the goal at AT LEAST 10 wins , It hasn’t happened. that’s what pisses me off , because we SHOULD be getting that on some kind of usual occurrence here. Ten wins. pretty GD pathetic when we are always under that .

Run isn’t broke , the Defense is. Defense isn’t broke , the Offense is , WR’s aren’t broke , the O-line is , nothing too wrong with the team in general? , Our leaders & Referee’s Baff chit up.

No, it isn’t even close to funny.

This is a silly thread IMO

1 Like

I guess the media got it wrong …:thinking: They are usually all knowing :joy:

One team looked prepared the other not so much .

Herbert is a stud , his ceiling is HUGE I wish we could trade with the Dolphins to acquire 2 first rounders and take Herbert at #5…Let him sit a learn and develop and back Stafford up and perhaps start in year 3 . The Staff getting the ultimatum and the lack of wins by Patricia make it unlikely but it would be a dream scenario …

1 Like

Herbert definitely looked like the big man on campus today. Love was getting some hype before the game but he did more to douse it than to encourage it.

Anae and Uche absolutely destroyed any hope either South OT had of being drafted. They were on fire, which was greatly needed considering how well the South’s interior was handling the North’s DTs. I mean, they absolutely destroyed the OTs they were facing.

1 Like

That is far from accurate. These kids want to get paid so I doubt they are just going thru the motions. the difference in cash based on where or if they are drafted is huge in their 1st contract. Especially since many of them may never see a second one. They will all make more money if they get drafted than they will with whatever degree or job they get outside of football next fall.

I agree, this isn’t the pro bowl.

I love it. Patricia endeared himself to everyone covering the event, drawing praise from many.

Here? “Woe is me.”. The haters were pwned this week.

7 sacks by the north, too. Supposedly from a coach that doesn’t desire pressure.

Maybe some folks will come to their senses.

3 Likes

Lol. Come to their senses. Too funny.

1 Like

Right
Surely you won’t

9 wins in 2 seasons tells the tale. Especially when taking over a 9-7 club. No one can point to anything Patricia does well.

Oh how we just board stroke everything …

1 Like

Lols, love guys that get alittle nugget then come here and tell everyone I told u so like a little kid, but hey they been wrong sense day one so alittle nugget allowing them to puff there chest out. Lols. for one , what he does at senor bowl doesn’t have anything to do with what we watched during the season.

Busy the off-season is your time to shine, but when the season starts it will be all excuses again. I love it trust the process. Lols

3 Likes

You people give the man credit for having a horrible record but being “close”

Now you want to blow smoke up his ass for a college exhibition game that he won as if there is any correlation between winning this game and being a good head coach.

Kicker is when the media shits on him y’all go all Enemy of the People on the reports. Now he’s getting praise from the media its the gospel.

2 Likes

The piling on has been absurd. To read this board you might think we had Baby Huey as the head coach. He showed a national audience his ability to organize, prepare, coach and lead. That should provide a little “reset” to all the guys suckering themselves into thinking they’re smarter than the Head Ball Coach. The personnel that we sent out there each week were what held us back, not the coach.

3 Likes

The 2019 Detroit Lions had the 2nd worst defense in Lions history.

Even with injures that wasn’t the 2nd worst defensive personnel in Lions history.

I’m not a gourmet chef and I can’t cook but I can tell when something tastes horrible.

3 Likes

This didn’t age well.

3 Likes

The interior defenders and the #2 CB were horrid. Including the 2008 team, if you could go back and change just 1 defender, we’re no longer winless. Then another, then another.

Quinn assembled an injured cast to form our defensive front. That cost him big-time. I still can’t comprehend rolling out Melvin as CB2.

1 Like

That’s bullshit , it was his scam that keep the defense struggling. It was by disign we did not rush the passer. Our personal was still better then most. Keep kidding your self. His defense even when we were heathly didn’t stop anyone. Every single game we had the lead but the defense could never get a stop. And now even Patricia is saying he’s willing to change it if need be. He would be talking and bringing changes if even he thought it was working. Get out of here with that BS. The fat jokes mean nothing and are alittle absurd your right on that.
But his defense and whole philosophys was bad , not just bad but almost the worse in history. That was not just personal and if u truely believe I wanna bet some football with u brother.

1 Like

Nope they did good job down in mobile, and does give a little hope he might try emphasize the rush alittle more. I’m pretty happy about how things went down there. But that still doesn’t make what went on last year ok or mean that his system didn’t cost alot of games. He wasn’t running his system in mobile.