Lions' coaches taking criticism for Senior Bowl practices

Good call, another good example of a team taking a RB in the first round. The Raiders won 4 more games and barely beat the Lions, yet somehow Mayock is a genius. LOL

I wonder what the Raiders record would have been playing their 3rd string QB? Yep, probably have the same record as the Lions. Oh well, that was fun.

I’d say I’m on the fence on MP. But… I dont think anyone can deny his defense grossly under performed. I really do not think injuries are an excuse for just how bad that defense was. Sure injuries are partly to blame but what we saw last year fell more on the coaching than anything else. I also feel they’ve built the defense with too little speed at LBer and with players known for injuries. That falls on MP and BQ. No matter … I just can’t deny that MP was the most to blame for that mess.

With that said I believe we’re seeing rookie head coach growing pains. Clearly MP wasn’t ready to be a HC. He built a staff that also wasn’t ready so he’s had to make changes and adjust on the fly. I hear that he’s mostly liked but has an ego and doesn’t like to be challenged.

I’m willing to give him another year but I expect to see a competitive team unlikely what we saw last year. However I’m not going to make excuses for the mess he’s fielded each Sunday.

Lol…so if we gave Patricia a ten year contract he is above your criticism?

And Gruden was an established head coach who had years to pick his staff…he always knew he was coming back. To me that shows he’s even worse then advertised! Mayock is a TV scout, but has had a decent year… .there is a reason he sat on the sideline so long

You will forgive me for not jumping on your buzzsaw as your assessments are always so accurate…cough cough Cowboys are the class of the league…Sanchez is so much better then Stafford…blah blah blah.

Sounds to me like since Gruden has all those things going for him…picks, no state tax, plenty of cap space that there is ZERO reason for him to not be successful as of next year

Yup the Lions regressed this year…is it coaching or is it the injuries, I guess we will find out in 2020…but since you are so confident in your tough guy Chucky and the buzzsaw he brings, why don’t you give place some money on them making it to the AFC championship next year?

I am willing to bet $100…and since we are both Canadian there is no exchange to figure out. Time to put up or shut up Iggy!

Another lucid, well-thought out objection…

1 Like

Then there’s that too…

I hope his animated antics doesn’t get the NFL thinking he’d be good for Hard Knocks in a Rex Ryan fashion.

Well shiiiiiit

1 Like

We can hope the Steelers will be the bigger draw.

You don’t want to see the Lions on Hard Knocks?

Before seeing that article, I had thought the same thing.

1 Like

NO…the last thing this team needs is the disadvantage and distraction that comes with hard knocks.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s fair.

I guess if I had any confidence in them succeeding next year I might think similarly. Because of my lack of confidence I guess I’m not all that worried about the distraction of Hard Knocks being the thing that keeps them from being successful.

Because of that…I’d love an inside look at the organization that we never get to see otherwise. I’m curious to have a close look at the staff, the players, and the front office.

1 Like

I’m sure that inside look would lead to wide criticism from the resident trolls. Regardless of how they do things, they’ll be viewed as bad or wrong or whatever insult they choose. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see as much as possible of the inner workings of the team. But not at the cost of distractions and scouting for the other teams.

3 Likes

I think it would be entertaining as a lions junkie BUT if the Detroit Lions are emphatically saying they don’t want it then that is good enough for me.

1 Like

Lols this is funny stuff right here. Your a troll if u think Quinn has did a shity job. And very typical Lions Fans don’t want people to see the truth. Distraction, your worried about distraction. You mean like cutting a starting player 2 years in a row in the middle of the season with the division on the line ?

More broad stokes without wanting to recall the devils is the details of the two cuts, trades mentioned …

What I’m saying is the usual suspects are going to nitpick every little thing that they see wrong in the organization. If Patricia has a snickers, there would be a thread started about it. If Quinn cuts a player in a way someone deems unfair, there would be a thread about it. Less is more with the internal workings of the organization… Otherwise every episode there would be some irrelevant action that would feed the trolls and give them something to bitch about

1 Like

If Patricia came in and said we are blowing it up. Traded their best offensive and defensive player… and then had a 3 win improvement over the previous year? You bet your ass I would cut him some slack. But that’s obviously not the case. Taking over a 9 win club, going 6-10 then 3-12-1. Losing 9 straight to lose the season. Not being able to beat Darnold or Murray in their NFL debuts. It’s not good enough and that’s all there is to it. You cannot even point to one thing Patricia does well as a HC, because he doesn’t do anything well.

Why would I make an even money bet with you on the Raiders? I can get probably 20-1 at least to win AFC when the shops open after the super bowl. I will be placing wagers on The Las Vegas Raiders to win the AFC. You don’t get to tell me to put up or shut up. I most likely wager more in a day than you have in your life. So please just stop with demanding I make garbage wagers with you LOL.

It’s also embarrassing when people put down TV jobs. They’re extremely cushy jobs, that are pretty much stress free. Mayock is an unreal talent evaluator. Trying to put him down because he was on TV is absolutely embarrassing.

1 Like

So which part do you disagree with?