Lions could target OL in draft: ‘We’re firm believers that’s where the game

2 Likes

Yes please

Not sure on BYU KS but like the others.

Oregon’s Jackson Powers-Johnson, Duke’s Graham Barton, West Virginia’s Zach Frazier, Arizona’s Jordan Morgan (Arizona) and BYU’s Kingsley Suamataia could all be in play for the 29th overall pick.

2 Likes

It all starts in the trenches!

3 Likes

It would be nice. It can all fall apart rather quickly without getting premium beef in the mix, and the simplest formula for sustained success is to not go backwards on what already has proven to work. Much of the starting offensive line is getting a bit long in the tooth, and the time to plan for the future is now.

4 Likes

Especially to get some Ragnow insurance. One of my favorite Lions, a warrior, but how much longer will he hold up physically? I’m beginning to doubt he makes it past the end of his contract, which expires after the 2026 season when he will be 31 years old. Ragnow could pull a Barry or Calvin and retire early for health reasons.

5 Likes

There were rumors that if Johnson left for a HC position, he was going to take Fraley with him as his OC…
I would love our rooks to get started under Fraley, the best in the biz at what he does. Obviously, I hope Fraley sticks around, but if he is gonna leave, it would be nice to have our guys get started under his tutelage.

High round rook OL + a mid or mid/high round rookie?
1st rounder and 4-6 rounder

3 Likes

Draft Sewell’s cousin and I’ll be dancing in the streets…

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

1 Like

What about his play do you like? Because he isnt even ready to be a back up in year 1. Dude has 1st round traits with 7th round actual footwork. His tape is not pretty at all. DJ just ranked him 126 overall on his big board.

I hear several people push him on this board that have not watched him play…

2 Likes

Honestly I haven’t watched him that much. He is very athletic though with great size. I just love Sewell and adding his blood relative might make him very happy.

Perhaps we get a steal round 2 or 3. He still needs development. Only started 22 games in college.

Get him training everyday with Penei and I think good things will happen. But I agree he needs a lot of technique work. But the physical traits are there.

2 Likes

Go watch him… you wont want him anymore. I promise.

I mean sure maybe in the 3rd… but he will take our 1st… and again he will not be useful to this team in 2024. Id pick a lot of other olinemen first.

Word. Same here

Same reason I had Sewells brother as a target last year day 3 if we didn’t get Jack Campbell or Ivan Pace

Brad didnt want either Sewell brother… why would he want the cousin who doesn’t have any skills yet?

Watch tape people!

Because it’s not that big of deal if I say he might be a target for us if we are stuck in no man’s land at a pick. It’s fun to speculate if we had that baddest man in the league’s family member on the team.

And sheesh I need to get access to all this film and tape that you guys have access too that I don’t.

1 Like

When people push aweful players because of who their cousins are i assume they dont really watch football and just want someone to talk to.

Yep that’s why we are all on a community message board.

Who wants to watch BYU anyways yuck

1 Like

Spot on, yeah he has value as you mentioned.

As a first round pick though, might as well be picking Broderic Martin in the third round all over again. Arguably worse though because now we’re talking 3-5th round talent going in the 1st, vs 5-7th round talent going in the 3rd

1 Like

What’s his deal, everything I’ve read/heard is that he has 1st round talent but is raw/not good on film. PFF score looks pretty mediocre/low.

Is he like new to football or something?

I don’t know if he’s new to football or not. However if he is that sure would explain a lot because as you said he isn’t good on film.

1 Like

Sooo why should I watch the “tape” then LOL

If Brad deems Sewells cousin is a physical specimen who is raw and will ride the pine for a couple years and eventually be part of our foundation then I’m cool with that.

I don’t want to watch a shtty football player play for a shtty BYU team … what a waste of time that would be

Wonder what Ziggy Ansah is up to these days

1 Like