***Lions @ Eagles Game Day Thread***

Hi, Lions fans! My honor again to post the (official) Game Day Thread for our Detroit Lions NFL team in this revised Detroit Lions The Den Fan Message Board, the rest of the 2019 regular season. Our undefeated Detroit Lions seek their first road win at the City Of Brotherly Love in seven years as the play the Philadelphia Eagles.

Eagles have been decimated by in-team injuries in their preparation the past week for the Lions game, their Injury Report appears to be finally be submitted to the media the hour prior to kickoff.

A road win by Detroit at Philadelphia would even the all-time regular season series at 16-16-2, including one postseason game (1995 NFC Wild Card Game) and the ties in 1954 and 1984. Lions storied rivalry began when the Portsmouth Spartans defeated the Eagles in October 1933, winning their first five games of the series.

Eagles defeated our Lions by the score of 34-20 in their last visit to Philadelphia in the ‘Snow Game’ played back on December 8, 2013. However. the Lions defeated the Eagles the year before at Philly, when Jason Hanson kicked his 45-yard, game-winning field goal with four minuites into overtime, to win 26-23, back on October 14, 2012.

Cincinnati Red TV Play-By-Play broadcaster Thom Brennaman, and former NFL and Ohio State University linebacker Chris Spielman, are announcing the live TV game commentary, along with sideline reporter Shannon Spake, for The NFL On FOX early regional single header game, seen in only in 10% of the USA, mostly in Michigan and Pennsylvania, and parts of Delaware, Maryland, and West Virginia, and locally in the Detroit area on WJBK Fox Channel 2, all games seen live on HD.

Great day for an NFL game this afternoon in Philly, as sunny and clear skies at 84 degrees, feels like 86 degrees, is the local gamecast inside Lincoln Financial Field, for the 1:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 52% humidity, and south/southwest winds at 8 miles per hour.

Head Linesman Tony Corrente leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the live game action on the playing field between the Lions and Eagles.

NO injuries to all the Lions and Eagles players as they compete on the field in this afternoon, but let’s see our Lions keep the Eagles grounded and not ‘Fly’ against them throughout the game, and leave Philly with their second win by tonight! LET’S GO LIONS!!!

2019 Lions @ Eagles Team Week-In Review, Live NFL Game Center, Team Injury Reports, And NFL On FOX Early Single Header Game In Green:

https://www.detroitlions.com/team/injury-report

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/injury-report/week/REG-3

https://506sports.com/

2 Likes

Sniff

Starting to smell like home around here…

1 Like

2 Likes

Great job as always Pontiac, thanks for the great start to a NFL Subday.

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

Go Lions!!!

Hey all. With my son and Dad in an area that will be broadcasting the Packers game on Fox instead of the Lions. I won’t get into the details, but this will most likely be the last Lions game that we will get to watch with my Dad. Any suggestions on how to get to see this game when it’s not broadcasting locally? My Dad isn’t well enough to go to a bar or restaurant to see it.

2 Likes

1st of all, sorry about your dad. But if you have Hulu, you can stream live NFL games.

It feels so much different going into week 3 undefeated. Have the Kool aid on stand by for after the game.

Here’s to a win without injuries baby!

1 Like

Jarrod Davis is active and will play today!!

Davis, Decker and Melvin all active today. Joining them Marvin Hall will be making his Lions debut.

Sorry Zeeze, praying for you, your dad and the family. Went through that last year…

To answer your question, previously people would post streams, manybfound in a Lions sub reddit. Let’s see if we can get that going again.

Thanks Pontiac!

1 Like

Today’s Inactives:

RB Paul Perkins
QB Jeff Driskel
DT Da’Shawn Hand
G Beau Benzschawel
CB Amani Oruwariye
G Oday Aboushi
WR Travis Fulgham

Wonder what’s up with Oruwariye. Agnew is playing, but apparently not returning kicks or punts. They want him over Obewankenobe?

Thanks all. I think I found a way to watch it with him. Go Lions. Let’s win today.

1 Like

Decker and Davis are both in. I really want to see how fast this defense can play with Davis. Hopefully his ankle is right and he isnt coming back to soon, but after 2 games Id hope everyone is now in game shape and with a little experience we can start to turn some guys loose and see whats working and what isnt. Philly is banged up to hell so Id expect to see Davis chasing down Wentz as well as Flowers/Robinson/Daniels and Okwara

Glad to hear it Zeeze. Enjoy todays game, as much as you can

Bg question for me is, are Flowers, Harrison, and Daniels up to speed yet? Guess we’ll find out shortly.

1 Like