Lions fans begging Bates, "Stay in Detroit!"

Dumb And Dumber GIF by chuber channel

A lot of you guys are just looking for some “Kickbates”…If signed by the Lions, Ford Field may be renamed the Bates Motel, where teams go to die violently…

2 Likes

Yeah, we need this guy…

Adds to our story.

Underdog
Grit
Work

Will be a nice PR and media talking piece as well. National.

“Bates from 70 yards…”

…& that’s why he hires superhumans instead of ‘kickers’
…have you seen our “punter”? looks noting like a punter.

1 Like

While true, kicker may be different

100% brother!

LOL - yup
What do you propose, man? I’m not in that creative space, right now.

My Man!!!

1 Like

Now, that’s impressive. 70 yards. Damn.

How about something nice and respectful like, “Mr. Bates”.

If he stays in Detroit he can play in both leagues, year round money. I think getting both teams to, well, kick in, wouldn’t be that hard.

1 Like

Kicking in Tennessee in May is not like kicking in Chicago in December.I don’t think it will show anything.

1 Like

I was thinking “Kick Master” Bates?

2 Likes

Winner, winner chicken dinner

Or we could riff off the CNN host and name him “Jake Fapper”.

Well kickalicious is taken…

What a waste of a perfectly good nickname that was

I still think we kept the wrong kicker that year and should have given him a real shot.

So far, for each of his kicks, this is the view he gets…

No people constantly in motion, no signs, no flapping banners, no boobies - no nothing. So, question is, would it cause him issues if he had to kick in a typical NFL environment? My guess is Bates wouldn’t really give a shit.

1 Like

The Lions have a ton of unused cap space and will be getting even more when Sutton falls off. They should not be shy about spending money on a guy who can routinely make 60+ yarders in Ford Field. It could be the difference between a win and a loss and personally, I’m kind of tired of the “we’ll just take whatever crap is left and let them fight for it” mantra at kicker. He’s looking like a guy who can be a difference maker at K. We can’t just keep doing Badgley + Patterson + whatever UDFA they bring in.

1 Like

Valid point. Kicking in front of 17 people is very different than 70 thousand people.

#crowdnoisewinschampionships :joy:

1 Like