Lions fans begging Bates, "Stay in Detroit!"

https://x.com/woodwardsports/status/1779635013555728754

I’m inclined to agree, but beggars can’t be choosers, you know. I want to see him kick in an outdoor stadium and that’s not happening next week because it’s at the Alamo dome. The following week will be his first outdoor stadium in Memphis. Hopefully, the weather will give us an indication of how he adjusts to whatever conditions there are.

1 Like

Dc doesn’t believe in kickers

1 Like

I know, right? Maybe J. Hanson told him he had bad breath in a preseason game and it stuck with him ever since.

1 Like

He is going to the highest bidder. The more kicks he makes the less likely hes coming to Detroit. I don’t see the Lions throwing money at a kicker when they can draft one. I hope I am wrong, I like the kid. We will see.

3 Likes

If Bates ends up out of the running for us, then we should stick with Badgely and save the draft pick. Badgely is, at least, a serviceable kicker.

How many games do they play in the USFL anyways? Will be interesting to see if he can stay consistent.

1 Like

He’s mastered it.

Black Sheep (8/10) Movie CLIP - Jack MeHoff (1996) HD on ...

2 Likes

Are U aware, if he signs with Lions, he has Fox to learn from? Come on Boyd, this is a career maker for Bates! :innocent:

And Fox would hold his balls :joy::joy: that’s real dedication

1 Like

10 regular season games with 2 conference championship games and a UFL championship game.

1 Like

Nobody is going to sign this guy to a multi year deal or much more than the minimum. He will be lucky to get a few 100k guaranteed.

Literally the MVPs of these types of leagues sign for minimum contract.

It’s not gonna be about the money, it’s going to be about location and opportunity. The Lions clearly have opportunity, the question is whether he wants to make his long term home in Detroit.

1 Like

If we do land him can we make his nickname, “The Kickerbator”.

With all due respect to you, sir, this is a terrible nickname and I do not approve.

2 Likes

You’re just riding a post Masters high of properness. The Azaleas will be out of bloom soon.

I guess I’ll settle for “Kicker Bates”

3 Likes

If he tops out at 69, that will open up the choices for a nickname.

Okay the masters was good. But no. Hell not like I can come up with anything better.

Here let’s try some bad ones, like “Jake I dare you to Bates me into trying that kick”

See. Terrible. :rofl:

1 Like

How about instead of the Bates Motel our version is the Bates Sperm Cell?

1 Like

Confused Season 2 GIF by NBC

You’ll have to excuse my friend @socko…he’s a little slow. :joy:

dumb and dumber harry dunne GIF

You’ve got my vote

1 Like