Lions fire offensive coach

Apparently we swapped out offensive quality control guys?

From what I remember, the guy that was fired had been brought in to help the run game. I guess they saw enough to know it wouldn’t work out already.

Maybe on Sunday he screamed out from the back of the room “RUN ALL GOs!”

2 Likes

“Brian Picucci”
WTF…this is my people.
I am filing a grievance with the Christopher Columbus society.
We will see these Lion bastards in court.

And Bob Quinn will sleep with the fishes.

3 Likes

According to reports, the Detroit Lions have fired offensive quality control coach Brian Picucci this week. Picucci is being replaced by Ben Johnson , formerly of the Miami Dolphins .

How is this quality? Fire a scapegoat OC and replace with a guy that got shelled in week one.

What is a OQC coach? It was explained before but forgotten.

1 Like

good lord. Are we supposed to give energy to a move like this?

1 Like

I mean, if you remember back in the mid 2000s we would pick up some scrub off the couch midseason and start him days later. We would look up the guys old draft profiles, cherry pick his positives and convince ourselves this guy is going to be a diamond in the ruff we found that’s going to start for us for the next 5 years!

So in that light, yes, we should be really excited. This is the move we will look back on as the turning point to our Super Bowl run.

3 Likes

LOL - maturing as an organization (hopefully)
Maturing as fans too (hopefully)

2 Likes

Rashaen Mathis liked this! :heart:

1 Like

Do you remember how excited we got about Jacoby Shephard?

1 Like

This is actually a nothing move. Quality Control is not a “real” coach

1 Like

I don’t even remember Jacoby Sheepherder.

It seems this was kept on the DL. Brian Picucci was an offensive coordinator/Oline coach at Maine. Hired Feb 2018. 20+ years coaching but first in the NFL.

I guess BQ/MP wasn’t happy with the results.

1 Like

Jacoby Shephard was a tall corner, something like 6-1 or 6-2 and was a 2nd round pick of the Rams in 2000. He barely played in 2000 and 2001, and was out of the league in 2002. We had a rash of injuries in 2003 and were forced to pick him up off the street midseason and start him the same week. He was still only 24 years old, and had great upside in his draft bios online. In the days after the transaction, you would have swore we picked up Josh Norman. And that was before Josh Norman, but in hindsight that’s basically what many of us worked ourselves into thinking this kid was going to be.

We were so desperate for hope back then, we made guys who didn’t even belong on NFL roster…picked up at midseason off the couch…into future pro bowlers. Its just funny to think back on.

1 Like

I remember when people were pumped for a receiver to “definitely” go over 1,000 yards. That receiver? Bill Schroeder.

1 Like

This was particularly painful to read. He was so soft. His biggest hi light as a lion was jumping over someone’s head in practice.

#GoMillen

p.s. Az Hakim

1 Like

I had high hopes for Hakim until that hip injury.

I had high hopes for him, until I realized how soft he was as a player. No leadership, IMO. Just an athlete, not a football player. Opposite of Tate.

1 Like

Brian Picucci < Brian Piccolo