Lions had "best value draft class"

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1784364888170598771?t=k23ubl3kLBKmYPzLqEm6ow&s=19

4 Likes

And I imagine without Manu it’s a sizeable difference

5 Likes

Yeah Manu wasn’t even ranked so they got dinged pretty hard for it.

Its funny, last year we had arguably the worst draft value and Holmes killed it.

9 Likes

So what does it mean when BH says “he’s got a little dirtbag in him?!” He used that phrase a few times.

I think it means he can be a bit of a dirty player who is always looking to punish guys instead of just winning the down.

I got no problem with those type of players as long as they don’t take it too far and get too many penalties.

2 Likes

Yup! They should be studying him, not criticizing him!

#Truth

1 Like

Well, yeah …
Go, Villain!

2 Likes

I really thought the overall value was solid. A "B"grade draft with potential.

1 Like

It means after he pancakes you he may also give you a little extra forearm in the throat.

1 Like

Last year the Lions had terrible “value” when drafting a RB, Off ball LB, TE, and safety/nickel CB with the first 4 picks.

Then they played the games… and it was a great class.

Ultimately…

it just boils down to the players.

3 Likes

Trust Brad! :wink:

2 Likes

And the Bears come in at 11, just missing out. If not for selecting a punter, they would have been in there. Vikings in there, but Pack is way out of it, which makes me laugh. They’re the ones I still fear the most.

I love that they are adding depth because it is so crucial to a championship. Wingo is the one that intrigues me the most. I can see him becoming a force.

The brass has an equal eye for talent and character which adds up to determined football players. That’s what they value and so we end up on top.

If you factor in we got Davis with a 3rd and DPJ with a 6th our draft looks better. We needed CBs. In one draft we got Arnold, Rakestraw and Davis. That’s pretty good.

Welcome!

Haha - love it …call that Fox envy!

I suspect he isn’t exactly new…

1 Like

I think grading a draft before players play is the most idiotic thing discussed in all of sports. It is absolute nonsense. Not trying to be a dick to you. Not my intention. Just in general it is ridiculous.

After 1 season - sure you can revisit the subject. But you can not really judge accurately until 3 to 4 years later. We had Iffy and Barnes show thier value year 3. Alim was solid but broke out year 3.
And i believe Onwuzurike will break out year 4 and give us return on investment. Hell if i could get decent odds i’d put money on levi to show great improvement this year.

2 Likes

It is a reference to olinemen playing with a mean streak. Try to strike fear back into the dline.

“If you think you can get by me you had better bring it. And i promise, it is going to ■■■■■■■ hurt!”

Back before there were 75 camera angles there used to be a lot of dirty play going on in the bottom of piles…

1 Like

Manu is an obvious win.
The S/RB guy feels like an immediate win, given the role he will be asked to fill…perfect role player/depth/ST guy, barring injury
I feel at least one of the CBs will turn out to be a stud, if not both. Difficult to not see them as an upgrade from Sutton and Vildor though. LOL
Listening to ppl talk about Mahogany reminds me of the way ppl were talking about the guy with the mean streak that never quite cut it here…I like the mean streak in him, and to be honest with you, he’s got the crazy “Fipp eyes”. I’m guessing the thing he got in trouble for was a fist fight or something that is a ‘dirtbag-ish’ trait that they would actually LIKE. LOL.

Gonna be fun to watch it all play out.