Lions have excelled at scoring first in games

Did the Lions ever score first during the Caldwell era?

2 Likes

playing to ā€˜not loseā€™ strategy
ā€¦Campbell ā†’ Attack! Now!!!

3 Likes

Hell, we scored the first 14 points against San Francisco

Saturday Morning Cartoons Dnd GIF by Dungeons & Dragons

3 Likes

You sick, sick man. Say youā€™re sorry. :joy:

Half Baked Boo GIF

3 Likes

I know, I felt dirty writing the post

3 Likes

It is interesting that there are several coaches that go for the throat early trying to catch teams off guard and hold on for deal life if they donā€™t fold.

Payton, Campbell, and Shanhan all seem to be of the mindset to go all out early. These coaches win a LOT of games.

The only down side I see is the 2nd half collapses that happen in the biggest games. NFC Championship?

Itā€™s like you shoot your shot early and you have nothing in the tank for the 2nd quarter.

The Lions are super dynamic with speed guys that can break a game early (Jamo, Gibbs, Raymond), and grinder guys that can ball control late (Monty, LaPorta, St.Brown).

I feel like the strategy is to try and get up early and ride the wave. The lions OL allows them to win a lot of games with 4 minute drills. When down late, they have some fire power like Jamo to try and come back quickly.

10-1 when scoring first in 2023, just think what could be with a new and improved defense.
Sweetest Day Candy GIF

4 Likes

If the Lions would have had an ā€œaverageā€ defense they would have won the SB last year.

7 Likes

If the Lions had the CBs they have now instead of starters Cam Sutton and Kindle Vildor, they would have won the Super Bowl.

4 Likes

I kinda agreeā€¦ although the drops and fumbles on offense killed us too. We barely scored that 2nd half. We shot ourselves in the balls about 15 times on both sides of the ball.

Idiot Wtf GIF by Hot Head Candles

3 Likes

I would expect this trend to continue. Probably even lead the league in scoring twice before the other team.
Improved defense leading to more takeaways.
In fact, Iā€™m looking forward to seeing Detroit without the football as much as with.
In Brad we trust!

Show Me The Money GIF

2 Likes

Yup - mix in the halftime bombs from Bates & the starting out in mid season form chemistry wiseā€¦with Jamo & Gibby improvement

2 Likes

Hard to believe the first preseason game is less than a month away.

3 Likes

prayer GIF

6 Likes