Lions have talked to several teams per pft

Lions have already talked to one-third of the league about Matthew Stafford

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 27, 2021, 2:44 PM EST

The Lions are shopping quarterback Matthew Stafford, and they have a whole lot of potential customers.

About a third of the league has reached out to the Lions about a potential Stafford trade, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

Among the teams that have been mentioned as potential trade partners for the Lions are the Colts, 49ers, Broncos, Patriots, Football Team, Panthers, Raiders, Rams, Texans and Cowboys.

The Lions are said to be seeking at least a first-round draft pick for Stafford. With so many teams interested, they may be able to get more than that.

1 Like

Third time posted, iirc. LOL

1 Like

Im sorry All. Long day and didn’t see it in my quick scan.

Please delete it mods

1 Like

Good news is enjoyable to read many times over. Take an upvote.

(It’s the hail storm of bad news repeat threads that sting a little)

1 Like

What’s funny is PFT ran another article saying “only 10-12 teams have contact the Lions about acquiring Stafford” with the headline reading “The Lions don’t seem to be getting as much interest in Stafford as expected”… Wtf Mike Florio

2 Likes

Rams? Would have to be some players thrown in I’d assume.

ONLY 10? LOL. Maybe 12? On pace to have over half of the NFL trying to get him…no demand there. :wink:
Bunch of drama queens wanting to boost their ratings

2 Likes

Lol 10-12 teams equals 1/3 of the league like you said WTF

Does this tell the anti-Stafford crowd anything at all? So many teams after an average QB that isn’t a leader.

2 Likes

Give it up already :roll_eyes:

I may be new to this whole “counting” thing, but 10 teams calling to ask about trading for your quarterback seems like… a lot?

5 Likes

Especially when you consider that you only need 2 of the 10 to be serious if you want to try and push for more value.

1 Like

PFT seems oblivious to the fact that other teams already have QBs or may be too salary cap strapped to take on Stafford’s salary in trade.

Like selling a house for the price you want, it doesn’t matter how many are interested, it only takes one buyer to meet your price.

1 Like

Florio hates the Lions because they are in the same conference with his beloved Viqueens. He will continue his Lions subterfuge forever.

He goes 100% negative on everything Detroit. He’s not quite as bad with GB and Chicago.

It may be a subconscious thing, but it’s real … he probably needs someone to point it out to him.

Otherwise, PFT is a decent outfit, relative to other sources of NFL chatter.

1 Like

This article is flat stupid and not just because it counters my theme.

The teams that should at least make the call include the Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Steelers, Browns, Jaguars, Colts, Texans, Broncos, Raiders, Washington, Cowboys (as a potentially cheaper alternative to Dak Prescott), Bears, Vikings, Panthers, Saints, Falcons, 49ers, and Rams. That’s nearly two thirds of the league.

Jets - Sitting at freaking 2 can have any QB they want not named Trevor. So it’s an indictment of Stafford that they haven’t called?? C’mon…

Dolphins - Who took their franchise QB in the top 5 last year??

Browns - With this young guy Baker Mayfield locked up??

Jax - Sure… Stafford over Lawrence… come on dowwwn… Idiot. (writer)

Cowboys - Will pay Prescott.

Just because top 10 teams in a deep QB draft would prefer to stand pat and draft one of those QB’s as opposed to handing over that first rounder plus, means they are smart and building. Stafford likely won’t agree to a trade to ANY rebuilding team. I’d say “only” a third of the NFL being interested in Stafford means the guy is NOT an “average” QB.

1 Like