Lions have top rookie class

I agree with Bucky’s view here.

3 Likes

Our rookie class is phenomenal. I was a little on the fence about taking Gibbs that high but loved the trade down. Even midseason I thought Gibbs might have been a bad pick, but now the trade looks soo much better. To move down and get Gibbs and Laporta was genius. Two pro bowl level starters on offense and two starters on defense (and I wouldn’t be surprised if Branch ended up a Pro Bowler). Probably the best draft class the Lions have ever had.

7 Likes

Not really a surprise we had the top draft.

9 Likes

One more example of why I say I trust Holmes and will keep doing so.

Sure he makes mistakes but I believe he has far more hits than misses.

Three picks in this class that will be starters for a long time
Gibbs, LaPorta, and Branch.

One pick who is showing improvement and I believe will be the fourth long time starter.
Campbell.

Two picks who have shown nothing to this point but can still deliver at areas of need
Hooker and Martin.

3 Likes

Not at all. Man, what a draft!

I’ve been pretty jealous of what the Jets had done last year:
But they followed that up with:

And while our 2022 draft wasn’t their league-best:
We followed it up with:

(And if we look back further to 21, we have Sewell to their Zack Wilson and Vera-Tucker in the 1st. Eesh.)

Even with the picks that haven’t worked out for Detroit, you can’t help but feel good about the 3-year collection of players.

2 Likes

Weird, I don’t see the Eagles on this list.

Many had them hands down the winners right after the draft.

I had a convo on FB with an Eagles fan, actually a good guy otherwise, in which I said the Lions had done better than Philly.

Him: “Do you even watch football?”

Me: Yep. Now you watch.

:joy:

3 Likes

Wait until BroMart Has his iffy moment

5 Likes

Believe me, I am hoping this is the case.

3 Likes

Everything I know about that situation… Ranging from Brad :fire: himself, his past with Pix… Dan‘s ability to develop talent… And BroMart’s Effort, attitude, Wiring, and energy.

I think this cats gonna be a very good player

Also, don’t be surprised ifSordsol Ends up being a very good player for us

3 Likes

Holmes absolutely nailed it. I was a bit nervous about Jack Campbell pretty late into the season (many more knowledgeable posters than me kept saying linebackers usually flash early if they’re going to be great, and he wasn’t doing so) but he has really improved. Strangely enough, I feel like he has been better since he got the green dot to run the defense.

3 years is probably the best indicator of a draft classes true impact. Is there one that looks back on 2021? With Iffy and Barnes contributing more and St. Brown and Sewell stars… that class is looking better too.

1 Like

If BroMart drops 140 pounds and starts playing safety. That sure would be quite the turnaround :laughing:

Plus Alim.

2 future hall of famers in Sewell and St. Brown.

Plus Alim Iffy and Barnes

What a ■■■■■■■ draft class it was.

Imagine the offense without Sewell and St. BROWN

Good point.
Then, add in that draft was coming off Covid which brought a tremendous amount of differences in draft prep.

College games played in front of no fans, I don’t recall if scouts were allowed.
Partial season by many leagues and schools in NCAA
No NFL Combine.
I think there were limitations to the medical reports and who conducted them verses all of the teams doing their own. I may, probably am, wrong on this point.
Which either says I get drafting Levi, or, it says should never have drafted him due to the above.

Hard to argue with the Lions at the top but the Rams really stick out to me.
For a team that didn’t have a 1st round pick, getting Nacua, Avila, Turner and Young is outstanding work.

5 Likes

I really think Bro-mart evolves into a really good one too. I see his ceiling as higher than McNeil’s.

Yeah, I’ll go along with that.

Love that! Hahahaha!

This administration is freaking amazing. Brad’s team also quietly:

1. Got us out of the cap hell that Quinn left us in
  2. Brought back Glasgow as a rotational guy who’s better than anyone else we could have gotten
  3. Brought in an outstanding safety on the cheap in CJGJ
  4. Traded Hock and drafted a world-beater in LaPorta

Spent less money to get more talent. I’m all in on Brad these days.

3 Likes

Hulk Hogan Freedom GIF

4 Likes