Lions have waived DL Demetrius Taylor

I wonder if he can’t be added from PS anymore after 4 times an if he clears will be added again. Or he just didn’t show enough

Wonder if Paschel’s debut influenced this. If so, way to early to waive a need.

1 Like

6 Deuce…just got flushed! Kinda surprised actually. I’d much rather cut Brockers.

6 Likes

He’ll be on the practice squad by Saturday

4 Likes

This is a great point. If its a $$ thing, it will only inflame my anus even more.

1 Like

Same. I’m wondering if he goes to PS?
Cap implications? Brockers locker room presence among all of this turmoil?

Who knows what’s going on?
I don’t think SixDeuce got an entirely fair shake.

I think 6Deuce, Levi, and Paschal are similar types, no? Do they believe in Levi more than Deuce? (I don’t)

2 Likes

Levi is on IR and is having back surgery, done for the season. Don’t think he factors in to this decision. As far as Brockers goes, he was a healthy scratch last week. Maybe they think Taylor won’t get claimed and can sneak him onto the PS. He at least showed some potential in training camp.

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound good brother!!!

homer simpson fire GIF

3 Likes

Making room for a WR? They presently only have 4 on the roster.

1 Like

I’d be surprised if he gets claimed. I think he makes it back on the practice squad.

4 Likes

they have no DL on the practice squad after cutting Hector.

1 Like

A position of strength sure became a weakness quickly.

2 Likes

As a vested veteran Michael Brockers salary is guaranteed since he was on the week one roster. cutting him now we would incur a 4 million dead cap hit. we don’t have the Space to cut him

1 Like

It is post-June 1st…. so his cap hit for 2022 wouldn’t change if he was released.

It would be the same cutting him now as it would to cut him after the season ends.

2 Likes

Personally, I think his contributions to the locker room, at this point, are overrated.

It’s like one of those lions in Africa videos where the young Lions drive out the old lion, who can’t pull his weight anymore.

3 Likes

Yep… if a guy is a healthy scratch on Sunday…
who is gonna be listening to him much Monday thru Saturday?

3 Likes

He’s a glorified coach now making 10 million per season. That was just a horrible trade by Holmes. When you are a healthy scratch on the worst defense in the NFL, that is pretty telling.

5 Likes

That move by Holmes was an abomination.

Seriously … Brockers looked like a turd playing next to Aaron Donald, who was taking up 3 O-lineman. Of course he’s going to suck worse being two years older, and no AD next to him.

There was a large group here who correctly predicted Brockers would suck it big time.

Yet Holmes threw a large 3 year extension at him? It never made any sense.

I hope it’s all just coincidental that we sucked last year, we suck this year, and we are WAY overpaying for a healthy scratch guy like Brockers.

5 Likes

Buggs and Jones seems to have taken his snaps.

1 Like

Honestly never realized that. Regardless his salary is guaranteed so whoever replaces him would cost more.

1 Like