Lions' Jared Goff: No-trade clause important in finalizing new megadeal

An interesting, previously unreported, development.

Goff must love Detroit. He doesn’t want to leave.

2 Likes

This really must be deflating for some folks here. The “trade for beans” scenario was their last hope.

6 Likes

This is literally not news.

He has stated as much multiple times.

He wanted a home and this was his first choice.

4 Likes

Yes, for the whole “if Hooker balls out, trade Goff crowd,” that’s an end to that discussion.

5 Likes

I don’t remember a single mention of a “no trade” clause before Birkett’s report.

4 Likes

I have seen at least 2 interviews or pod cast discussions with Goff where he stated he wanted to stay in Detroit but that it was not up to him. Actually pretty sure it was from a odium on one of them and for sure in a Pod Cast with someone.

So I am now realizing that I filled in the blank on this one and assumed he wanted a no trade clause…

Which this now makes me wonder if my wife is right about me and me making up facts…errrrr

This was the first I heard of it.

Consequently, it was also my first chance to be a snarky, gloating dickhole about it.

1 Like

Makes sense after what happened with the Rams. Fair play to him, getting that into the contract probably cost him a couple million bucks, but it gives him a lot of security in Detroit.

3 Likes

Goff also responded that it’s a basic feature in all contracts that QBs sign nowadays. The security of knowing where he’ll be for the next 4 years does a lot for a person. This will only lead to Goff being better focused on winning Super Bowls instead of looking over his shoulder.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Clearly I must be watching too much crap on Lions…but for sure I have heard him respond to a question about signing and staying in Detroit and inferring that he wanted stability. I guess I took that as he would want a no trade clause…so maybe I was just reading between the lines…

2 Likes
1 Like

Love this guy more and more; good overall dude

I think you were because as you posted earlier

Goff indicated it wasn’t up to him. Requesting a no trade clause means it was up to him if the Lions wanted to make a deal

“This city means so much to me now and it will hold a special place in my heart forever,” Goff said. "I just want to win for them. I want to win for these fans.”

Who can’t love that guy?

1 Like

https://x.com/Lions/status/1791532888208327155