Lions Land Hard Knocks on HBO

Well I guess I’ll be watching it for the first time in years. Hopefully Goff can redeem himself from his last showing as a rookie.

2 Likes

Thanks man! You made me feel a lot better about it.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And as a bonus…if the hard knocks curse is real then that actually helps us in our rebuilding process. The lions get exposure on the great locker room culture they’re building and get another high draft pick. As much as I don’t want to watch another lousy season I’d do it if I knew it would land us a franchise quarterback.

2 Likes

I figured it was our year for this, but seeing it official I’m actually really pumped.

Yeah, I think it can be a distraction for a top level team that’s trying to get all their ducks in a row to, like, return to the Super Bowl or conference championship. But I think we are in a perfect spot for it.

Mostly though, how can you not be excited about getting a weekly hour-long in-depth documentary about what’s going on inside the lions training camp? I’m going to soak up every minute of it, how could you not?

10 Likes

I’m super pumped because as much as I’m not sure this current brain trust is going to lead the Lions into the promised land of being a perennial winner, they are going to make for great TV. Seeing Dan Campbell and Chris Spielman out there talking football, it’ll showcase Aaron Glenn, Coach Aubrey gonna be screaming at people… it’ll be great TV. I’m sure they’ll follow Okudah’s return from injury. Hock and Swift will be featured to see if they can break out - and the OL will get some recognition headed into the season. It’ll be solid TV.

9 Likes

Ya’ll changed my mind on this. Now I’m pumped too.

6 Likes

Can’t like this enough

2 Likes

I hope so but this isn’t happening

So this isn’t about the academy awards?

2 Likes

Super pumped for this. I really enjoy the inside the den series, and this is like that x10.

Lions have been the butt of jokes for a long time. I live in PA and have been a Lions fan my whole life and everytime I tell someone I always get the “sorry to hear that” or “Really???” response. People getting to see this team up close and personal and get to know Dan Campbell better will really open some eyes.

Could also attract some key FA in 2023 when they see how much these guys love playing for Campbell and his staff.

3 Likes

I’ve never watched Hard Knocks and yes I HBO…I just don’t give a shit about other football teams. Well maybe the Broncos. Even then my interest would be tepid.

On a side note. From the picture above, it looked like Swift was picking his nose at first look. I also think they should have put the Sun God in that picture.

If the Lions aquit themselves well this season, I could see this as a season long interview for other teams to look at our staff. It could be raining beans once the season is over.

5 Likes

Always over!

Great.

I hope the lions are embracing this opportunity as a chance to show the NFL they are an awesome place to play. That they have a true player friendly culture while also putting on the hard hat. This is in opposition to Quinntricia who I’m sure would have been ice cold and ignored every camera and tried to be super secretive like they have some edge or something by doing that (how did that work out for you idiots?)

3 Likes

I’m most intrigued to see the Kyle Hamiltom vs Okudah safety position battle…should be awesome to see two of the potentially greatest of all timer’s go at it.

Well said. Turning your organization into a reality TV show is terrible for building culture. This really is a setback to MCDC’s program.

But with his “kneecap-biting, go for it on 4th down, welcome to Detroit mfer!” personality how could they resist? The most entertaining coach in the league with the hardest knock team in the league.

My prayer is that they’re somehow able to tune out the cameras and remember their mission. Dan said he wanted this team to inspire a city.

1 Like

That’s a very Quinntricia way of looking at things. Neither of us are “right” or “wrong,” it’s all perspective, but I see it the opposite way

6 Likes

Everyone outside of Detroit is pissed. lol

I know that Hard Knocks does more extensive behind the scenes stuff and is mainstream but is it THAT much difference than the “Inside the Den”, or whatever it was called, documentaries that they filmed last year in terms of the team dealing with film crews etc.?

1 Like

It could be very entertaining with some of the passionate coaches we have. Maybe it’ll help the refs give us a few calls this year too.

3 Likes