Lions lead the league again with Cap dollars on IR

Such is life as a Lion’s fan

Jason_OTC

@Jason_OTC

Teams starting off badly with players on various reserve lists (not including suspended): Lions, Dolphins, Falcons, and Titans with $20M in player contracts sidelined this week (NFL avg. is $11.7M)

3 Likes

One day the luck will turn it has to right???

4 Likes

Over half of that was expected months back, romeo and williams. Vaitai is likely the main one that was unexpected.

5 Likes

If you ain’t 1st yer last!
Will Ferrell Photo GIF by Talladega Nights

5 Likes

IMO, Romeo’s not much of a loss.

Vaitai is a bigger deal.

2 Likes

Not if you don’t stop drafting injuried players high.
Hell we got a 1st and 2 2nd round pics from the last 2 drafts on IR now. One has played sparingly and has pretty much the same injury as when he got drafted.

2 Likes

Levi isn’t on IR and the Jamo and Paschal only account for $4.5M of the $31M on IR.

5 Likes

Before they even play on snap in the regular season.
After all the koolaid that’s been poured it’s natural for the fans to be pissin early.

2 Likes

Not if we continue to draft 4 out of 7 injured players.
You should expect it to be the norm. The Universe is left to believe you don’t mind having your team on IR.
Any risk you’re willing to take has to be a risk you’re willing to get burned by.

They can’t “get hurt” if they are already hurt. Beat the IR to the punch by already drafting IR players.

Back To School GIF by IFC

5 Likes

That’s true 5 dimension chess right there.

1 Like

That chart doesn’t bother me as much as it would if those were all season ending IR players. The great majority of those guys will be back in a month.

1 Like

But, but, but we got reinforcements coming for our playoff run…

Oops! The Universe thinks you’re the same old lions.

That’s what my daddy told me when I was little. He has a new family now. (j/k)

4 Likes

Why let facts get in the way of a good diatribe?

1 Like

It also a fact that Levi has been injuried sense he was drafted.

It’s also a fact that Holmes has had 5 pics in the first 2 rds in the last 2 drafts and 3 out of 5 have been injuried players. 2 are on IR and one can’t play because of the same bad back that he was drafted with.

I was thinking Levi was on IR my bad. But I’ll bet he’s on IR before he makes a impactful play.

So who the hell is eating up the $26M ?

Edit: I’m on a phone on the road and too lazy to look it up

Hali and Romeo I would guess is the biggest amounts.

3 Likes

Never will