Lions looking at Sarkisian or Hackett as OC

Sarkisian took a wonderful offense in Atlanta and turned it into the biggest set of blue balls in NFL history. Everytime they got near the red zone, they transformed into picture perfect ineptitude.

At any rate, I digress to the article:

Per profootballtalk.com:

Report: Steve Sarkisian, Nathaniel Hackett in the mix for Lions offensive coordinator
Posted by Josh Alper on January 10, 2019, 2:37 PM EST

Getty Images
The Lions parted ways with offensive coordinator Jim Bob Cooter shortly after the end of the regular season and there was little immediate indication about what direction they were looking in to find a replacement.

Thursday brings a report that a couple of recently dispatched coordinators are in the mix for the job. Alex Marvez of SiriusXM NFL Radio reports that Detroit is considering Steve Sarkisian and Nathaniel Hackett to run the offense.

Marvez reports that Sarkisian has also spoken to the Cardinals since being fired by the Falcons earlier this month, although that job would not call for Sarkisian to call the offensive plays as head coach Kliff Kingsbury would take on that role. Sarkisian spent two years running the Atlanta offense.

Hackett was fired by the Jaguars in November after moving up to the coordinator spot when the team fired Greg Olson in October 2016.

They were decent in 2017, 8th in yards and 15th in scoring… This past season they were 10th in scoring and 6th in yards. To your point about red zone offense, they were 9th in 2018

It really seems Hackett fits the system Patricia & Quinn have described as optimal, FWIW.

I’m not thrilled with the prospect of either, but, when you’re the Lions? Really, who wants to come here? What’s the draw?
I guess we thank our lucky stars any professional would even consider it.

But, the Ford Family are such nice people… and loyal to a fault. What more do you want from an NFL owner?

1 Like

Trophies.

1 Like

Hope it was a short look, I can’t think of two worse choices. Terrible.

1 Like

You mean the cheerleaders weren’t enough for ya?..how about a new modernistic logo, those are always exciting, too.

1 Like

How the hell does Sarkisian still get discussed for coaching jobs? The guy is a major piece of shit and has been hated at every stop along the way. The good old boys club in the NFL coaching ranks can’t save themselves from each other. I’ll be completely disgusted if he’s hired by the Lions and will cancel my Sunday Ticket for the first time in years.

Hackett was basically a miracle worker with Bortles as his QB. I’m not real familiar with how creative his offenses were but if you can make a Blake Bortles offense middle of the pack that is amazing.

Sark is a pretty bright offensive mind. He definitely has his warts but I wouldn’t hate it to be honest. My main concern would be the run game as it just wasn’t the same in ATL after Shanahan left. In fairness they didn’t have Freeman this year but Coleman should’ve been more productive.

Sarkisian will be the Cardinals OC rumor has it

1 Like

I mean, he isn’t. He’s up for coordinator jobs though, unless that’s what you meant.

Latest has Sark back to Bama.