Lions met with DT Adetomiwa Adebawore again

5 Likes

Does he have a nickname? My vote is for:

The Adetomic Bomb

5 Likes

Obviously a physical marvel but didn’t see anything special from his game tape. Also seems like a tweener.

His speed would seem wasted as a dt, but didn’t see much pass rush ability on the edge.

1 Like

I heard he played 3T well at the Senior bowl and left an impression on many. Yes he is a projection. But he is bigger and significantly faster and more athletic than Kancey with 2 1/4 in longer arms. AA’s arm length was a problem against tackles but typically is plenty to go against OG and C. With focus on 3T i think he has a moderate to low floor but an astronomical ceiling. He is super humble. If Dan thinks he is a Dog and loves football with all his heart he is definitely on the short list round 2

4 Likes

I listen to an interview of AA on youtube. The guy has Dan Campbell written all over him

6 Likes

One things is for sure, Brad Holmes is going to try again to find that interior disruptor no matter what.

Levi, Paschal… Adetomiwa wouldn’t surprise me in fact I’d expect it.

7 Likes

To me this had more to do with him being miscast as an edge in Northwestern’s wonky defense. The moment he started lining up inside at the Senior Bowl he started making plays. He’s just too long and athletic for guards to handle.

That’s not to say he played exclusively outside at NW, he had a few plays inside, and yeah sometimes he got stonewalled. But what you’ll notice on those is he doesn’t give ground, he’s holding the point of attack. He packs a lot of strength into that smaller body.

3 Likes

Ate’em BetweenMyWardrobe

Hell, i wouldnt be shocked if we grabbed 2 DTs again in this draft. Benton in round 2 and AA if he was still there in round 3. Ive heard people list Benton as one of the 4-5 guys they interviewed with the IT factor that Dan mentioned at the end of the first day of the combine.

1 Like

I vote for AD

I like Kancey a lot more. He is quicker, way better technique, and is not a project. I dont think Adebawores speed is going to help him that much at tackle.

Kancey is a lot more polished and his tape is fun as hell, I like him a lot too, but only if the value is right. It’s hard to look past those t-rex arms and they show up all over his tape. He’s got high highs and low lows.

You’re right you wouldn’t get much out of AA’s speed at tackle but that’s OK, just look at the rest of his testing, he’s a badass all-around athlete. And then on those plays 1/2 times per game when we drop him into coverage to fool the QB he’ll have a better chance of making a play than any other DT in the league.

3 Likes

I love that this is the kind of player Brad is looking at. Likely a 5th or 6th rd. guy. This smells like a James Houston situation to me.

2 Likes

Oh I think he makes it into the 1st round.

3 Likes

I suspect all of them will. :wink:

It also depends on how we use them. If we run a lot of 3-4 which I could easily see with Hutch and Houston on the edges I dont see a spot for Klancey. Where as Adebawore probably could play end.

If we do run a good amout of 4 down lineman I would prefer Klancey as the 3T.

1 Like

On pass-rushing downs, I agree. Kancey would be better, but AA would be no slouch. On running downs, give me AA.

It’s nitpicking for me, I have AA ranked a little higher but I like both.

4 Likes

It bothers with how much Lions football I watch how hard it is for me to peg guys in certain roles. Don’t get me wrong I love having a multiple defense but it takes a lot of mental gymnastics figuring out where everyone is going to line up.

Swartz days were so much simpler when everybody had a define role.

But I’ve clamoring for a multiple defense ever since we ran that blasted Tampa 2.

2 Likes

Would you pull the trigger at 18 for Adebawore. For me their is too much projection to pick him that high. I’d be willing to trade up to the early 2nd once someone takes Adebawore or Benton to ensure we land one of the two, IMO.

4 Likes

It’s a little higher than I want to draft him but if the board falls a certain way, I’d be OK with it. It’d be ideal to trade down into the mid-late 20s (or trade up I suppose), I think that’s his range, but if you believe in the guy taking him a little early doesn’t hurt. The problem is we’ve all got it seared into our brains from doing thousands of mock simulators that he’s a 2nd round pick, and the league might see it entirely differently.

3 Likes