Lions move 5 players get to 80

Released LB Shaun Dion Hamilton

Placed FB Jason Cabinda, DL Romeo Okwara & DL Josh Paschal on Reserve/PUP

Placed WR Jameson Williams on Reserve/NFI

Edit: may have been hasty on the thread title, does this get them to 80 or do players on Reserve/Pup/NFI not count?

5 Likes

You got it right - thanks for posting.

2 Likes

That’s too bad about Hamilton. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him back on the PS

5 Likes

Hamilton got some offseason hype, we barely saw him in the preseason.

Levi not moved to the injured list I see, that’s interesting.

4 Likes

agree on Hamilton…wasn’t there talk about him being in discussion for starting role before his injury last camp?

1 Like

Maybe he will be moving to the cut list next week

2 Likes

That would be shocking, no way Holmes is cutting a dude who he drafted in the 2nd round just last year, when the IR list doesn’t count as a roster spot.

3 Likes

Consider the source of the idea, sir.

2 Likes

Frustrated Billy Madison GIF

5 Likes

Haha great movie!!

Adam Sandler Penguin GIF

2 Likes

This year next year he will be gone soon, he’s a slug sir.

If Levi was a mistake and had unknown injuries going into the draft process… better to cut the mistake and not double down on it. I’d like to think he would make the best decision and not back his prior one.

Due to Covid, Levi barely played and Holmes took a big shot on a guy that had elite get off but not a ton of proven history. If Levi’s back will never be 100%, better to save that roster spot.

3 Likes

But there is no roster spot if he’s injured, you stash him on the injured list, you have nothing to lose. That’s the point. Austin Bryant basically didn’t play his first 2 years, same problem, nothing but injuries, he’s making the team for sure now. Giving up on young injured players that you can stash on IR, doesn’t make any sense.

If his back is truly that messed up, then maybe retirement would be the best option though for his life after football. None of us really know the extent of this back injury, the Lions have been very hush hush about it.

10 Likes

I guess i’m saying that he wasn’t included in this round. They could have put him on the injured list now and kept Hamilton for another week.

So to me that means either:

1. They are holding out hope he gets better with time.
  2. They still don’t know if his injury is permanent.
  3. They rated an unknown Levi as being more valuable than Hamilton this week.

Next week will be very telling.

1 Like

They aren’t cutting a 2nd rounder a year after he was drafted, a guy they gushed over not too long ago.

Personally, I think he’s headed quickly to the friendly confines of Lions 2nd round Bustville but I doubt that Holmes/Campbell are ready to give up on him.

2 Likes

Jerry Jacobs is another guy that hasn’t yet went on injured reserve. Perhaps he’s going to be ready. Loved the way he played last year.

7 Likes

2 ears, 2 eyes (I assume).
IR does not count against the roster. We could keep him on IR for the duration of his contract, and he still wouldn’t count against the roster.

Good catch. Maybe he’s getting close to start practicing again. Seems like they would’ve kept SDH and put Jacobs on PUP if he wasn’t close.

4 Likes

He has some talent along with an injury history. They know what he offers after 5 years in the league. They may have cut him now so that he’d have a better chance with another team. If he doesn’t stick with anyone else , I suspect they would welcome him back on the PS.

1 Like

Bro - Our entire roster is loaded with extremely likable humans.

2 Likes